So you wanna fix up your F3 huh?
man after my own heart.
A lot of the items you'll be looking for can easily be found on www.lockhartphillips.com
- I've bought quite a few things from them.
- As for the mirrirs, you can find quite a few different sizes, colors, shapes... just fish around and pick the one you think would go with your scheme the best.
- As for the windsheild, zero gravity is always a good choice, and there are several colors to choose from.
- If you really want a new seat you can check out www.corbin.com
They are quite comfortable, but IMO not worth the money. You would save some bucks upholstering the one you have.
- for the sliders, you can find a few different types on lockhartphillips.com. As for cutting the holes, it's not that difficult. I'd suggest investing in a rotozip or a dremel tool. There is a thread here in customization dealing with slider installation that would be very helpful.
- As for the stickers, lockhart phillips has links to different ones, but they are pretty pricy for a sticker.
- Other suggestions
- polish your rims, it's cheap but time consuming and can give your bike a totally different appearance. Check out www.englishcustompolish.com
for everything you need to know about polishing. We also have a variety of threads in this forum and "how Do I" dealing with polishing that can provide some valuable insight.
- change out the ugly old turn signals. Get some flushmounts and mount them directly to the body in the front where your old ones are and cut holes on the undersides of your tail for the rear. I did this to my bike and it looks awesome.
- bar end weights/ bar end sliders. Getting some heavier bar end weights can cut down the F3's handle vibration, and the bar end sliders... well protect all this other crap.
Hope this is of some use to you. Have fun and keep us updated.