Mods to my F3 ? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2002, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

Question Mods to my F3 ?

No joy in the Honda forum so here I am in customization.... guys - help me out !
-----
Rather than spend the extra cash next year on getting a new bike (F4i or new 600RR - ), I've decided to be cheap and just make some changes to my F3 instead.

I'm not looking to "pimp" the bike out at all... just some nice discrete changes that will look the dog’s boll*cks....

I want to look at doing the following:

- change the wing-mirrors
- new windshield
- new seat?
- fit frame sliders? (bit worried about drilling though)
- replace a couple of the stickers on the rear paneling as they're coming off.

Oh, and also need to get a new chain - anything I should be looking for ?

So.....any suggestions on where I can get these bits ?, are they any good (and easy to fit !) and what else can I do to it?

Cheers
Andy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 07:21 PM

So you wanna fix up your F3 huh? man after my own heart.

A lot of the items you'll be looking for can easily be found on www.lockhartphillips.com - I've bought quite a few things from them.

- As for the mirrirs, you can find quite a few different sizes, colors, shapes... just fish around and pick the one you think would go with your scheme the best.

- As for the windsheild, zero gravity is always a good choice, and there are several colors to choose from.

- If you really want a new seat you can check out www.corbin.com They are quite comfortable, but IMO not worth the money. You would save some bucks upholstering the one you have.

- for the sliders, you can find a few different types on lockhartphillips.com. As for cutting the holes, it's not that difficult. I'd suggest investing in a rotozip or a dremel tool. There is a thread here in customization dealing with slider installation that would be very helpful.

- As for the stickers, lockhart phillips has links to different ones, but they are pretty pricy for a sticker.

- Other suggestions

- polish your rims, it's cheap but time consuming and can give your bike a totally different appearance. Check out www.englishcustompolish.com for everything you need to know about polishing. We also have a variety of threads in this forum and "how Do I" dealing with polishing that can provide some valuable insight.

- change out the ugly old turn signals. Get some flushmounts and mount them directly to the body in the front where your old ones are and cut holes on the undersides of your tail for the rear. I did this to my bike and it looks awesome.

- bar end weights/ bar end sliders. Getting some heavier bar end weights can cut down the F3's handle vibration, and the bar end sliders... well protect all this other crap.

Hope this is of some use to you. Have fun and keep us updated.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 08:58 AM

hmmm

It's a nice looking F3, so no need to waste the money on an F4i, except.... all aesthetic mods and NO PERFORMANCE MODS?!?! Boy, what you thinking? You know what they call a man who spends all his money on designer clothes and looking good without going for substance? I won't say it. Not that looks mods are bad, and you have the nicest looking F3 I've seen, frankly. But how about some stuff that keeps the ponies up with the Joneses? Sprocket, jet kit, exhaust. There you go!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

F3Bufford - thanks for that, much appreciated... now all I need is the time to spend surfin' the net to check it all out (damn these people for wanting me to actually do something at work )
Any photos of your bike available so I can see how it looks with some of the mods done ?

DeathCannon - only started biking this summer (completed MSF in March) so the power is plentiful for the time being !. Maybe I'll look at performance mods towards the end of next season, but I'm happy with the 2Bro's exhaust for the time being.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2002, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by magia
Any photos of your bike available so I can see how it looks with some of the mods done ?

I will be posting pictures of parts of the bike randomly over the next couple weeks... but I dont want to do a whole bike picture untill I'm done with it.

but some of the mods you'll see:
- complete "Sharkskinz" Race fairings
- flushmount front and rear turn signals
- carbon fiber mirrors
- a whole lot of polishing
- zero gravity windscrean (smoke)
- custom 5" round european ultrabright headlamp w/ blur marble center
- various carbon fiber dress up items

I haven't finished installing all the parts and fabricating all the brackets I'm going to need. I finished the hard part which is my custom front, and I'm very proud of how it turned out.
I'm in the designing process of the paint/design scheme.
I'll keep ya'll posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode