gsxr600 modifications - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2002, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

gsxr600 modifications

if you had a 1 yr old k2 and wanted to give it a brand new overhaul what would be the best parts to replace, ie which race exhaust system, which brand of braided lines etc.

please only those with experience in this reply, im looking for quality sound advise as i want to turn my 02 gsxr into a road going rackebike that will scare the crap out of some bigger bikes

regards

craig
new zealand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 04:16 AM

Your best bet to find some good GSXR mods is on www.gixxer.com

Some basic things to start out with...TRE MOD.....PAIR MOD....Akrapovic full system(probably one of the better systems, if not the best)...power commander....replace the forks or get them redone....replace the shock(ohlins, fox, penske)...steering damper(scott, ohlins)......there are a lot of options for the bike, but those are just a few off the top of my head.

Good luck!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the reply, any advise on front forks, i can ride it fast but have no idea what to look for in aftermarket parts, i know akrapovic is the bomb but thats about it

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2002, 12:29 PM

Forks--- a lot of people I know have gone with replacing parts with stuff from race tech, do a search and you will find them. Actually replacing the forks is some $$$ as far as rebuilding them, cost can vary depending on what you get and if you do it yourself, but in general it is not too expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode