Undertails for everyone!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Undertails for everyone!!!!

Hola Ladies and Gentlemen,

First off, let me just state my situation and experience with sportbikes since this is my first post on this board. I am a 20 year old student in southern california and about two weeks ago i bought my first motorcycle, a 2002 CBR F4i (silver and red...so sweet). Before you guys start noobie-bashing and calling me a squid for purchasing an F4i for my first bike, i would just like to add that i completed my msf PRIOR of getting the bike and have full coverage on my rizzide. well anyways, here is my question, ive already installed sliders and a pair of LP flush mount on my bike and i think the next step is to get a undertail. Since i am still fairly new to the world of sportbikes i was wondering if any of you can recommend me some nice undertails for my F4i. (manufactures and places/websites i can get them for a good price.) any info would be greatly appreciated.

Yo Brotha From Anotha Motha!
-G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 06:59 PM

well, well, well....

I am guessing that you're a white guy trying to be black...whatever.......( don't know which is worse, white people trying to be black or black people trying to be white)
good decision on the sliders....saves hundreds and hundreds of $$ in the long run.
targa makes excellent undertails.....also seat cowles and stuff...
www.targa-acc.com
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 07:27 PM

Re: well, well, well....

Quote:
Originally posted by akcbr
I am guessing that you're a white guy trying to be black...whatever.......( don't know which is worse, white people trying to be black or black people trying to be white)
good decision on the sliders....saves hundreds and hundreds of $$ in the long run.
targa makes excellent undertails.....also seat cowles and stuff...
www.targa-acc.com
I do not know what your comment was about, but it was bad taste!!!

For the question though, there are so many undertails out on the market, that you would really have to decide which one you like the look of. As for websites...there are way to many to list...maybe check out some of the advertisers on this site. Take a look around on this site and other sites, for group buys and you might save some $$$.

You say you have some of the accessories, but do you have some good gear?? I would put the gear ahead of the undertail and whatever else you are thinking of getting. It is easier to replace parts, than skin and life. Gloves, boots, jacket, pants, or a 1 piece suit.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 08:10 PM

Extreme Graphics (advertiser)

Extreme graphics advertises on the is web site, and I purchased one of there undertails. I am very happy with the quality, and the lights it came with. I did have an issue with it being poorly packaged (which they blamed on a new employee) so they had to send me a nother undamaged one, and it was packaged much nicer. The product itself is excellent and looks sweet with the LED taillights, and i found ther prices to be average ot below average on thier products.

That said: I agree with the other poster on both counts. First post was in bad taste. Sorry that had to be your first exposure in the forums. And second, Definitely take care of all your gear needs first- then customize the bike. Personally, some friendly advice; wait on customizing the bike too much. It is your first bike and the odds are really stacked against you. I hate to be Mr. Negative but you will most likely wreck this bike. and that is just the way it is. EVERYONE does it- I wish it weren't true (probably abunch of people will now say they haven't ever wrecked) I ride wih "responsible" riders and I have ridden with squids, I don't know anyone who hasn't gone down at least once- most within 1st year.
On a happier note: Congratulations on you new bike. You already show much promise with your decision to buy a Honda Ride safe1
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 09:49 PM

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 12:10 AM

the hotbodies undertails are the sweetest, IMO
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

what a dumbass

wow....i didnt know ignorant ass racists were welcome on this board....akcbr first and foremost, you are a dumbass for trying to stereotype me and second of all, i am not the wigger that you think i am, that couldnt be further from the truth. its funny how dumbasses like you put other people down just to compensate for ur other inadequacies (small penis maybe?). bottom line is...ur a dumb**** and i hope i meet u someday on the street, then i can show you how to hold ur tongue. but thanx for everyone else that responded...much love

-g
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You say you have some of the accessories, but do you have some good gear?? I would put the gear ahead of the undertail and whatever else you are thinking of getting. It is easier to replace parts, than skin and life. Gloves, boots, jacket, pants, or a 1 piece suit.

i think i have adequate gear except for some boots, which is also next on my shopping list. currently i have a joe rocket meteor and a dainese th1. i ride with a agv x vent helmet but am thinking of upgrading and using it as a passenger helmet. and finally, to keep my hands warm, i got a pair of tecknic violator pro gloves. any suggestions for a nice boot would be much appreciated also. im looking for something subtle and not too racy.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 01:57 PM

Bad Taste

That was a very lame post man. I want to get rid of my fender and ugly tail lights, and I consider myself to be as red neck as a Canadian guy can get. I think maybe it's time to use your brain before you post here. With almost 11 000 members this place has a huge variety of folks logging on and I think we all have to respect everyones ethnic, political, sexual or religous beliefs, that is of course as long as you don't drive a HD....We are all coming here for the same reason, thats our love of our sport.
On topic, the nicest fender eliminator I have found for my ZX9R is made by these folks:
www.competitionwerkes.com
I don't like the racing boots, I went with something a bit more usefull in the real world, I just got some steel toe 10 hole Dr. Martins.
Good luck!

Last edited by maDDtraPPer; 11-10-2002 at 01:59 PM.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I don't like the racing boots, I went with something a bit more usefull in the real world, I just got some steel toe 10 hole Dr. Martins.
i heard that steel toe might not be the safest boots to buy for motorcycles cuz in an accident the steel is liable to bend and pinch your toes....that seems kinda dangerous to me?....it there truth to this or is steel toed boots ok for a daily rider? i want someting that can pass as a shoe but yet still give me the ankle support i need

-g
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode