who makes fast tags? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

who makes fast tags?

G'day,

Can someone tell me who the company is that makes fast tags.The only site I have seen them on is www.starboyz.com

cheers....Shaun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 03:51 AM

If you want one of these things, checkout ebay, they usually have some up for sale. Check other sportbike sites too, I know some people have been making their own.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 10:24 AM

How do they flip up? Is it electronic, or you do it with your hands or what?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 01:26 PM

What's a "Fast Tag"?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2002, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

G'day Bankboy,

Fast tags is a device that flips up your number plate at a press of a button, umm...eerrr....so you can clean behind it ...(sshhh some people have suggested it can be used to avoid speed camera fines)!

I have heard of guys using a choke cable to make their own but I'm trying to make an electronic one.So if anybody has any ideas on how to make 1 then please post your suggestions.

Cheers,

Shaun...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 08:27 PM

I dont think it would be too dificult to make. Just a small servomotor, some springs, and a cable pulley system. I figure routing the cables would probably be the biggest pain in the ass.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-04-2002, 08:58 PM

Check out Superbike Magazine

Here i nt the states we don't have too much need for them, but I do buy British mags. I have seen the company that makes them advertise them for sale in the back of Superbike Magazine, and possibly Performace Bikes. As i said, both are U.K. publications, but they can usually be found buy going to one of the large-chain book stores or at stores that specialize in selling magazines and newspapers from everywhere.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2002, 05:47 PM

In the photo section of this site, I saw a pic of one made with an electric motor from an auto antenna. That would avoid any cable routing. All you'd need is a switch and a couple of wires.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 04:27 PM

you can get a "fastag" at http://www.mannsmotorsports.com/
they are a bit pricey. I've got one on my R1, i love it. i've had to use it a couple of times....(uh should i say that?).... lets say they can come in handy if you dont want youre tag seen. a flip O the switch, twist O the wrist and youre gone.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-15-2004, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blasphemy
How do they flip up? Is it electronic, or you do it with your hands or what?
"fastag" is just a 12 volt dc seleniod coil mounted under the passenger seat. a shaft (pulled up when the coil is energized) pulls up the bottom of the tag bracket thus flipping DOWN the tag.
hope this helps with some confusion. BTW ...you have to cut a hole in the plastic under youre pass. seat through youre undertail(if you have) for the coil to pass through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in