Bad Luck W/ Extreme Graphics - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Angry Bad Luck W/ Extreme Graphics

I recently ordered some parts from SBW advertiser Extreme Graphics. However I was very unsatisfied with thier parts. Mine may be an isolated incident, but I feel better warning the rest of you. Below is a letter I e-mailed to the owner and manager. It details my problems.

Hello,
I am writing you, to make a complaint about my recent order, and the products received. I ordered an unpainted rear undertail and hugger for my 1999 Superhawk VTR 1000. I received my parts on 10/24, and to be honest I was quite disappointed. When the box arrived, I noticed that one corner of the box was slightly damaged, and I realize that this is completely beyond your control. However, I was very disappointed when I opened the box and saw that both pieces (undertail & hugger) were placed in the same box, with no sort of packing materials to seperate and protect them. Each piece was in it's own plastic bag, and simply placed loose in the box. So, the undertail had several scratches that actually cut small grooves into the fiberglass, caused by the edge of the chain guard on the hugger rubbing against it. The hugger also arrived with part of it cracked and broken. I feel that if more care had been taken in the packaging of these items, this probably would not have happened.
My other problem is with the quality of the workmanship of the hugger. Besides arriving broken, I feel the hugger arrived in poor condition. On the top part of the hugger, there are clearly visible ripples or run marks, aproximately 4-5 inces long and about 4 inches wide. They almost resemble paint drip runs. But, since the product was shipped unpainted I am not sure what it is. Runs in the gelcoat or other surface coat? In my opinion this is poor quality control.
I ordered the parts unpainted because I am having my motorcycle custom painted. So I took the damged parts to my painter, and he assures me he can easily repair and fix my problems. I have decided to have him do the repairs, rather than spend the time, money, and effort of returning the parts to you, and waiting for replacements- that may or may not also arrived damaged. As I said, I understand that damge in shipping is beyond your control, but the poor and inadaquate packing, needs to be changed, and there is no excuse for poor workmanship. I ordered my products from you, because you advertised on Sportbikeworld.com ; where I am an active member. However, I cannot in good conscience recommend your products to anyone. However, I do hope that because of my e-mail, you will change your procedures, as to better serve future customers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2002, 02:22 PM

Spoken like a real human. Hope they make it right for you, otherwise.... bbbonline.com

-jon
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 07:02 AM

I don't think you should be giving reviews until after they have the chance to remedy the situation.

Still sucks what happened, I sure hope they fix you up, or they deserve to be given bad reviews.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 07:37 AM

Quote:
I don't think you should be giving reviews until after they have the chance to remedy the situation.

I don't think they will have the chance, he is having his body guy fix it for cheap right, the only thing the company can do now is a partial refund.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

As I said above, my case may be an isolated incident, so take it for what it is worth. Personally, if you spend $489 in parts it should be done right the first time. Because of time constraints I was not going to be able to let them fix the problem. This was not out of spite- I just want to get the bike done as soon as possible, and I already had a scheduled appointment to have the bike painted. That said: I was very surprised today, when the owner or manager gave me a call. He was very apoligetic, and said that the y have a new emplyee doing the packing who did not know to better protect 2- item shipments, and that I was not the only customer who received broken parts. As a solution he has offered to ship replacement parts out today, and has provided me with his UPS account number, so that I can return the parts at my convienence, and have it billed directly to him. I have agreed to this, and I will keep everyone updated.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 11:11 AM

sounds like a good manager to me, hope they fired that guy who did the packing. thats cool that they sent new parts with out the old ones being returned first.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2002, 12:50 PM

the guy that did the packing dosent..

need to be fired, the dumb feck that trained him does..(probably the owner)

common sence is a rare commodity these days..im amazed that this country is still going...i think it started when parents quit spanking their kids......
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

Talking LOL

Quote:
im amazed that this country is still going
Did I mention Extreme Graphics is in French Canada?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 06:28 AM

ill still stand by my post..

(but its comforting to know there fecked up too)..
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-27-2002, 12:26 AM

Outstanding letter, very professional and tactful. I would of ripped em a new one and they probably would have threw it in the trash. I bet your letter makes a difference for someone else if not many. And aint that what its all about.

Peace!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode