What would be your DREAM sports bike? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2002, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

What would be your DREAM sports bike?

I'm doing alittle research, and i want to know if you could build your own dream bike, how would you build it?

What color?
What graffics? if any?
What size engine?
How many cylinders?
Would you have ram air?
Would it have a single or double sided swing arm?
Would it have single, double, triple head lights?
Would you build a Pinto $$$ so people could afford it or would build a Ferrari so the rich and famous could only enjoy?
What ever else that you could dream up, please let me know, thanks...

ps
send pics or drawings if you have them?
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 08:52 PM

oohhhh, I could type so much for this, but I'll keep it short.

Vtwin, around 1200 displacement

carbeurated

extended double swing arm

one small blinding bright light

and I'd probably just let good old jesse james wing it from there.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 09:39 PM

First, I'd start with Valentino Rossi's RC211V.

I'd rip off that lame exhaust and stick on something nice and loud like maybe a Two Bro's pipe and then I'd get to work on the fuel injection. I think Power Commander has an after market control for it.

Seriously though, for me, I have two perfect bikes:

Race Bike - GSXR 600 bluprinted and tuned specifically for the track. Paint wouldn't be priority.

My second bike would be for the street. I'd like to take my Bandit 1200 and give it a total street fighter makeover. I'd bore the engine and pump it for every HP I could (Max I've seen is 160). I'd add a mid fairing to the existing stock bikini then work on the seat. I'd go with a solo seat with the cowling that slants up behind the seat (I'ts a little hard to visualize, but trust me it looks very slick). I'd replace the current aftermarket exhust I have with a custom one-off dual pipe that followed the contour of the seat and exited under the cowling which would point it up at a 35 - 60 deg angle. This would do two things: look very cool and be very loud. As for the paint, maybe something Scottish, for my ancestry. Like a Claymoor (no not the land mine) in full regalia getting ready to swing his Halberd, or whatever you call the long pole with the axe head on the end. Behind him I'd have the carcasses of several different sportbikes laying in pieces like he'd cut through them.

Oh, perchance to dream

Rich

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 09:47 PM

Mine would be Scott Russell 1996 daytona winner ----just love that bike ====kylezx7rr
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 10:36 PM

Black
Tribal graphics in a dark metallic grey, hard to notice.
1000cc
4 Cylinders, V-four configuration
Ram Air = Yes
Single sided Swingarm
3 Lights, cat eye headlights with both having 1 lowbeam bulb, and in the center a highbeam, hard to notice when it's not on.
Rare, expensive, but cheap parts to replace stuff should something happen.
Fuel injected
Highmount stickerless akrapovic evolution titanium full system.
Stylish undertail.
Rim mounted carbon fiber brake rotors.
Two seats, not connected, comfortable. Seemless cowl for passenger seat.
Gas Guage
Stock flushmount turn signals, perhaps they could be invisible till actually blinking.
Nitrous Oxide system, switch on right handlebar under start button with a fliplid cover. Hidden cannister, about the size for one good shot.
Switch for turning off all lights, and retracting liscense plate at the same time.
All I can think of at the moment.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 12:23 AM

I'd just like to see a 1300cc v-twin sportsbike. Something that could race in a series with R1's and gsxr1000's.

I'd buy a TL-1300R.

Also I'd have a V4 500cc two stroke if they were still street legal (as a second bike). Not practical but good fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode