Exhaust Systems - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Exhaust Systems

Does anyone have a definitive answer on this subject? I posted a question a while ago but both sides make very good points. I went to where I bought my bike and there it seems to all come down to money even though he suggested a slip because the carbs still needed to be jetted. It comes down to either a muzzy or a Yosh. (leaning more towards the Yosh.) I have a 01 ZX6-R still don't have a clue as to which one gives the best performance (slipon or full system). I am definetly looking for better performance over sound though but do not want to loose anything (mid-low range) either. Can anyone help me here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 10:20 AM

I can only offer an opinion because I don't have any hard numbers one way or another.

I would go with Muzzys. Rob(? I think) was the goto guy for kawasaki so he has tested and worked with Kawi and knows how to squeeze the most out of them.

Again this is not hard number facts but I think others will agree.

(And I have a muzzy system so I'm bias.)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 09:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DaDuck748
I would agree that Muzzys does extensive R&D on the Kawi's. I think that for the street, qualilty in construction is also important. I've found the Yoshimura systems to be constructed better (more solid). After owning both of these, and now a full Micron system for my ZX9R, I've found the Micron to be even better than the Yoshimura.

I also find the Yoshimura to have a deeper sound than the whiney sound of the Muzzy. I like the deeper tones better, and relatively less attention getting, if you know what I mean.

As far as slip-on vs full system, if you're looking for more performance, it's obvious you'll want to go full system. The pipes are bent and tested for optimum performance, vs, a slip on isjust designed to breathe better with what you've got (stock header).

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-08-2002, 07:31 AM

i went with yosh and i got a max performance over muzzy and two bros it up me in my low and mid range torque i perffer the yosh but thats my opinion and thats also on a 02 gixxer 750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode