Anybody in Phx with a 01 ZX6R aftermarket pipe? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2002, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

Anybody in Phx with a 01 ZX6R aftermarket pipe?

I've been thinking about getting an aftermarket pipe, but not sure If I will like the new sound... So i'm thinking there has got to be some kawi's in the phoenix area with slipons or whatever for me to listen to.

Also.. I looked at some of the graphs on a few pipes for my zx6r, and the aftermarket pipes did not seem to do much to the power.. just moved it from the low rpm's to the high rpms, and didnt do much at that... Does a new pipe really make that much difference??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 02:16 PM

Thumbs up

Hey nextoph...

I HAVE THE CARBON FIBER D&D SLIP-ON AND IT REALLY DOESN'T MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE...I KNOW THAT MUZZY IS FOR KAWI...BUT IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR BIG BOOST ON HORSEPOWER ...GET A FULL EXHAUST AND A JET KIT. SLIP-ONS DON'T MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE BUT THEY DO PROVIDE GOOD SOUND.

THE BEST THING IS TO GO WHERE THE BIKERS HANGOUT AND CHECK WHAT THEY HAVE AND HOW THEY SOUND.

LATER
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 03:23 PM

ferracci's right

Slip on's provide minimal HP gain, but give you the sound you may be looking for. If you want the HP, go with the full system and rejet the bike (get a dyno run before you do this, then after so you can figure out the jet's that need replacing)

As for slipon's I've got a Muzzy Carbon Fiber, and I've gotten several compliments on the scream it puts out when passing other riders at high RPM.

I've also heard the Micron and D&D slipon's and I think all three sound great.

Definately head out to the Pavilions some Saturday night and you can find enough examples there.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 05:16 AM Thread Starter

Hmm.. Actually, I'm pretty happy with the sound. I may get a full exhaust later, but I think my next exhaust will be for my 01 Tacoma... Get that baby growling and going a little faster...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode