how much are you willing to spend? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: How much have you/ would you spend customizing your bike(s)?
$0 -- I like it as is! 7 4.17%
$100-$999 -- I'm thrifty and crafty 75 44.64%
$1000 - $2000 -- yes i admit... I have a spending problem. 47 27.98%
$2000 and up -- I'm rich. 39 23.21%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

how much are you willing to spend?

Ive spent quite a bit now, i think once i add it all up once i'm done... I'm looking at about $1800.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 10:12 PM

I have spent maybe a thousand bucks on my ZX9. I have no desire for any big changes. The best money was spent on the suspension being redone by Race Tech, wich I think was about 3 or 4 hundred bucks. But I am going to have a custom seat made for about three bills. I have spent a lot for soft luggage and tank bags, some of which is just collecting dust now. Guess that does not count for customization.

Now, my standard bike, that is another story. I might be headed for that two thousand marker when I get finished, we will see. The engine work is next, that is going to be the big dollar item.

I still want a VTX 1800. I think I could easily surpass two grand on that bike. When I looked into buying a Softail Deuce, I had $3000 worth of accessories picked out before the bike was going to make it out the door.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 08:10 AM

Talking $$$$$$$$$$$

F3Bufford, I'm right there w/ you when it come to "suprise" spending! My bike is still in the shop (had a little accident), so the deductable is $400, and while it's in there, I mind as well have some dual slip-ons thrown on there ($450-699 + installation, depending on brand).

And for X-mas I want:
Flyscreen
Flushmounts for flyscreen (seriously!!!!)
Fender eliminator
Neons (just a little)

$$$!

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Re: $$$$$$$$$$$

Quote:
Originally posted by Honda919Rider
F3Bufford, I'm right there w/ you when it come to "suprise" spending! My bike is still in the shop (had a little accident), so the deductable is $400, and while it's in there, I mind as well have some dual slip-ons thrown on there ($450-699 + installation, depending on brand).

And for X-mas I want:
Flyscreen
Flushmounts for flyscreen (seriously!!!!)
Fender eliminator
Neons (just a little)

$$$!
thats how it all starts. After my accident is when I started my kick to customize my bike. Its been about a year now and since I'm almost done with it.. I'm just ready to ride again!
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 09:13 AM

A dollar or two
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 10:00 AM
Honda Moderator

Awww ya know, a guys gotta go what a guys gotta do

but lately I've just gotten stupid with it (as seen in the links below)... I have had a set of cannister sleeves powdercoated black as well as the exhaust hangars & obtained some gold anodised bands & even replaced the entire front cowl because my stock one had too many rock chips etc from too many weekend warrior trips... It's an addiction as I want the bike to be both unique & functional & the way I see it is ya have to spend your money on something LOL My next large expenditure will be Brembo monoblock calipers & full floaters maybe once that is finished I will start on the 919

http://www.rc51.org/host/uc1.jpg

http://www.rc51.org/host/uc2.jpg

http://www.rc51.org/host/uc3.jpg

http://www.rc51.org/host/uc4.jpg

post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

That's definately a head turner! I love the gold forks.

And where did you get those exhause hangers? how much?
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 02:08 PM

How much?

So, Duckhunter, tell us: how much have you spent on aftermarket items?

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 02:18 PM
Honda Moderator

I've spent a little here & there, but I use 1-800-COLLECT so I can save a buck or two that way my poor ass can keep adding parts

What really gets expensive is all the parts I buy just to test... I've been through 5 different exhausts, 3 sets of rearsets, 3 windshields plus 3 prototypes that I had made just for me etc... & that's just the normal stuff as I had also bought a spare motor & had HRC pistons installed just to see what happened...

I've got some sizable plans on the horizon for the 919 as well including upgrading the brakes & an Ohlins shock, fork work & even some additional powdercoating maybe even some streetfighter DYMAG's
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-06-2002, 02:19 PM

I have spent $2000.00 on my '94 ZX6E that is used in NHRA/PROSTAR competition. I am not rich...........But it runs!

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode