Ideas for my ninja ex 250 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Ideas for my ninja ex 250

What mods can I do to my 02 ex 250? I have not seen many aftermarket items for this bike. I was thinking removal of stock decals and addition of some custom stickers. As far as performance, what kinds of things can I do? any ideas appreciated. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 08:20 PM

Well, you can always start with jetting and a pipe.

also, go to this website and go to the bottom for a list of mfgs. that make parts for your bike.

http://www.xmission.com/~roachie/ninja250/

It may not be much, but it is a start.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 10:52 PM

The only thing that really bothered me about the 250 is that the front suspension is a little too soft stock and there are many ways around that.

check this link out,

http://ninja250.kingston.net/board/

the faq is pretty good to and responses come rather quickly,

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 12:59 PM

try this site I have the full Muzzy pipe and a kand n filter that has all been rejetted and it makes a huge difference plus it sounds so sweet now. I also have custom house of kolors tangerine orange pearl coating te plastics and rims(except for the polished lips). I am going to start working on updating the tail as soon as I get a little more research done as to what all is involved
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 02:58 PM

I'm also working on modding my gf's 250. So far we've added Cobra F1 exhausts, flush mount turn sigs front & back, hacked fender, stripped the decals, custom painted lower fairing, custom decals, removed the rear pegs. It looks clean and the pipe added minimal gains but if you find a cure for the banana seat and tail let me know. Thanks.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

I have not had much time to mod the bike, too busy working, and making the best of the warm weather. I live in new mexico, it will be warm in the days till mid October. Thanks all for the information. The sites listed above are fantastic. Who would have know that there was all these enthusasts for the little 250. It has grown on me. I thought i would keep it for a season and get some experiece, but i just think i will keep it. As for custom things, just hacked the rear fender, got a small tank bag, disc lock, and an alarm. As far as pipe and jet, can you really tell a difference? I may pipe and jet it, just gotta find some time and money. I would like to see some more pictures of the 250 without the stickers, i have seen some without and it was not my thing. Maybe someone can change my mind? Is there anyone with ideas for a decal scheme that would look good on the 250? Have seen only one that i like. thanks everyone keep making the sugg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode