Windscreens - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

Windscreens

My beautiful, yellowing, 14 year-old windscreen is finally starting to split down the middle. I've been looking at different brands on the net and found a few companies that make ones for it.

I'm looking at red or dark smoke. If anyone can take a look at my bike here and tell me which they think'd look good, that'd help. I suck at this kinda stuff.

Anyway, Zero-Gravity, Targa or LP. Which is the best of the 3?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Crap...

Maybe just try to cut and paste this in for the pics...

http://photos.msn.ca/viewing/album.aspx?m7A!X9U3q6YzeOp!RYJqTXNLr*3vOF*NKj2rBIDlpEXekfOiBflFb GE9fk4Sxf0RXSP*E9xAVoZHkZw*Dn5mceITpyw*6E63a3Sf47o hyvw$

Stupid MicroSoft...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

AAAAh.

Eeerrrg....

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 03:33 PM
Founder

Here ya go...

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 05:15 PM

HEY! Cool bike! I had one of those "back in the day." Mine was an '89 if I remember correctly, and it was white with red and blue stripes. Ahh, my first bike. Rode that sucker from Michigan down to the Blue Ridge Parkway, across/up the east coast, and crossed back thru Canada via Watertown, New York -> Toronto -> Port Huron. What fun!

Anyway, to your question. I only have experience with the Zero Gravity screen, and I find it to be a great product. The original screen on my Ducati was woefully low, offering very little wind protection at speed. Massive buffeting on the 'ol noggin. Not much fun. At the suggestion of a friend, I installed the "Sport Touring" screen offered for my bike, and it's a great piece. I don't get wind beating up my head and shoulders up thru 80mph. Very cool! I would have gotten a "Double-Bubble" style if it was offered, this may be a great solution for your bike, if they offer one. I was concerned that the Sport Touring screen may be too high and look goofy, but I think it looks just fine.

I have a double-bubble style screen on order from a UK-based company called PowerBronze. The PB screen for my bike is not commonly sold in the US, so it's being imported. I'm told not to expect the same high-quality optics from the PowerBronze screen, but I want to give the double-bubble style screen a shot.

Here's a pic comparing the stock screen on my bike to the Sport-Touring model. FYI, hope the comments are of some help. For more pics (read: larger) of my bike, click the "WWW" button at the bottom of my post.

{Note: This is a "Light Smoke" screen, the ZeroGravity folks say that the "Dark Smoke" is nearly opaque (meaning you pretty much can't see thru it).}

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode