Lets Get It On! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2002, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Talking Lets Get It On!

Well, now that we have this forum lets get it going. I'm going into the final stages on my bike and should have some pics shortly. My headlight is scheduled for delivery tomorow, and if it gets delivered early enough I'll start making my cuts in the fairings and fabing some brackets. Unfortunately I have had a small setback though, part of the attic ceiling fell onto the back of my bike and snapped that plastic bracket of the back that the taillight mounts to Oh, well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 05:54 AM

Thumbs up KEWL!

Good to see your idea was picked up. I just read the posts in the poll thread. Thanks for the compliments on my bike guys. I've taken it to a couple of meets and you should see the confused looks I get. People either like it a lot or they don't.

Mine is finished for now, although it still doesn't have a speedo, lol. I'm using an aftermarket bicycle speedo temporarily and it is actually working pretty well. Sooooo many more things I could do, though: high mount exhaust, rear sets, belly pan, clip-ons.

BTW, if anyone knows a place to get a custom upper triple tree clamp for a Bandit 600, I'd like to know about it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

I'm not sure about an aftermarket triple clamp, but there is an easy alternative. I just took mine off, used some paint stripper to get the aluminum showing, I slapped a carbon fiber piece on it and it looks pretty good. definately cheaper that buying a new one

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 12:51 PM

about the triple clamp... The reason that I am looking for one is because I'm wanting to get rid of my handle bar and go to clip-ons.

Last edited by tigertex; 06-17-2002 at 12:55 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

But the clip ons mount directly to the fork tubes...

I did do some searching howerver and found nothing. Just as an idea though, would you consider taking your existing triple to a machinist and have him mill it out, maybe do some design work on it
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 04:40 AM

heh, heh. Yes, I have thought about that. I'm saving it as a last resort. I'm not sure, but I think the cost would be about the same. Also, I guess I haven't really looked close enough at clip ons. I thought there would be some kind of bolt or something that went into the triple.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode