Pic Request - Ducati 999s. - Page 4 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Should there be a lens of some sort on there?

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Lifetime Premium

Hey I've got a picture that I actually like for some reason, but it needs some photoshop work because the jackass (me of course) that took it didn't factor in reflection when they snapped it off.

So can you remove said jackass from the pic?

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 10:19 PM

Lightbulb jack ass

yep you sure know how to mess up a nice pic bro... well i did a little resurching on cf and it dont seem to hard.. just have to make some molds and such. also i remembered a compound i used to use in lazer leveling systems that is heat proof cheep and we can buy it by the gallon and its also a adhesive ...we used it to seal up wireing to protect it from heat and water....get where im gong with this?? it would keep all wireing in place and sealed dam tight..downfall sould you burn out an led we would have to perform minor surgery to replace it.its called black max and its made by loctite havent seen it in years and dunno if they changed the formula but it was good stuff its kinda what you see used in solid state relays and voltage reg. and the sort. its that dence black shiny crap...lol

post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Lens is not needed, but depending on how this works out, you might want one anyway. There are two basic ways I could picture this... one is open face dish design with clear LEDs. Second, if you wanted to hide the work a bit more (And could find LEDs bright enough to safely do it) would be to build the dish with the top sticking out slightly further than the bottom, then put a smoked lens over it, so it would blend in with the lines of your bike better. In fact, that would probably be the nicest looking option of the two. Something along these lines...

That would hide nearly every aspect of your lighting when the bike was parked. From the back, at least. Those mirrors stand out pretty good.

It sounds like pierced has some solid ideas for the glue. (If you need help reading what he typed, I would be happy to translate via correct spelling and punctuation. )That would take care of any problems you would have with heat/water from the back side of the light assembly. That would also take care of your actual mounting needs, as well. Assuming it is 100% Heat-proof, mounting to the heat shield would probably be preferred, just in case you ever ended up wanting to change it out. I don't know of any adhesive that is 100% heat-proof though, so I wouldn't plan on that.

I'll try to remove the jackass reflection. No guarantees, though.
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

I'm not sure I could get rid of the reflection of the car. I'm not even sure what I did looks good enough, but I did my best.

post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

PS - Bad photoshop job, but... ehh...

post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 03:54 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedsyko View Post
yep you sure know how to mess up a nice pic bro...
I almost got offended and then I realized who this was lol

Quote:
well i did a little resurching on cf and it dont seem to hard.. just have to make some molds and such. also i remembered a compound i used to use in lazer leveling systems that is heat proof cheep and we can buy it by the gallon and its also a adhesive ...we used it to seal up wireing to protect it from heat and water....get where im gong with this?? it would keep all wireing in place and sealed dam tight..downfall sould you burn out an led we would have to perform minor surgery to replace it.its called black max and its made by loctite havent seen it in years and dunno if they changed the formula but it was good stuff its kinda what you see used in solid state relays and voltage reg. and the sort. its that dence black shiny crap...lol
Sounds like you know what's going on. It's all greek to me but I just woke up, so I need some coffee before anything makes sense

-Will Rogers
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Lifetime Premium

ZX6R1033: Those pics look a lot better. Seems like you're catching on to this whole photochop thing!

Actually, I was thinking about getting the clear covers for my turns, but I think the smoked look looks pretty cool too.

-Will Rogers

Last edited by snakesht; 04-09-2008 at 08:35 AM.
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
ZX6R1033: Those pics look a lot better. Seems like you're catching on to this whole photochop thing!

Actually, I was thinking about getting the clear covers for my turns, but I think the smoked look looks pretty cool too.

I am a quick learner. The hardest part, as you can tell from the PS job on the turn signals, is the patience and slow moving requirements of outlining objects. I get impatient and the lines get umm... well... like the turns in that picture. lol.

Clear and smoked give black vehicles two completely different effects. It is all in the effect you are after. Clear will get rid of the off-color on your mirror that the yellow brings to the scene. Smoked will actually hide the turn signal itself.

The golf I just bought has smoked side marker lights and clear turn signals. (Clear turns came stock on those cars, but I replaced the horrid amber side markers.) Anyway... I will snap a picture of the front corner of my car so you can see what I am talking about in a perfect side-by-side comparison.

Personally, I always tend to lean more toward the side of cleaning up the lines by hiding things. I'm sure you figured that out by looking at my bike, though. Integrated tail/turns and integrated headlight/turns. Plate got tucked away... no protruding parts other than the mirrors, and to be honest, I thought about doing away with those in favor of a camera system. It's not legal here, though.

Anyway... when I get done buying all kinds of other toys for my car (Mainly the audio system right now), I will be purchasing a set of smoked corner lights and smoked tails for the car. Then I am getting black rims with a polished lip and dropping the car. ta da... clean lines!

By the way... were you the one with so many questions about car audio? (Last statement reminded me of that.)
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Here you go man... 3 different options, all in the same picture. The headlights are kind of what I had in mind for your tails... Only without reflectors. Just a black housing with the lights in the middle. If the lens were smoked, that would be the grand finale.

Clear corners. Smoked parking lights to the side.

Hopefully that will give you a bit of an idea how you want to do your turns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode