Ducati clutch plates - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-21-2006, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Ducati clutch plates

I have a dillemma:

I have my 996 serviced by Motowheels in Sacramento, CA. I buy dealer parts (only when neccessary) from the Ducati dealer in Sacramento. I called both and asked their preference for clutch plates. Motowheels said they prefer Barnett, the dealer said they prefer Ducati factory parts (after they tried Barnett on a track day bike and they claim it burned up). Both are selling their recommended parts for the same price ($220).

Do you as Ducati owners have any preferences on clutch plate suppliers? I would trust an owners opinion before I trust a dealer or service shop (that is based on seling high end parts primarily). I only want to put the best available parts on my bike, not for names sake, but for performance and durability.

Your opinions are greatly appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 10:20 AM

Yeah I hear you DT996

Well this is what I bought this year and itís the best from what I read online unless you step up to a slipper clutch.

Hard Anodized Clutch Basket/Plate Combo and it uses the Barnett's premium kevlar/carbon aluminum friction plates.

I love it the clutch lever has an easier pull and now I can run an open clutch cover without being way too loud. So check it out

http://www.desmotimes.com/

THAT BIKE HAS BEEN DESIGNED JUST FOR ME.
ITíS TOO MUCH FOR A KID LIKE YOU.
YOU JUST HAVE TO OPEN HER UP LIKE THIS........THAT'S CORNERING MAN.
THEN TRY KEEPING UP!!!!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-30-2006, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Drei,
I had ordered the exact same set from them just before you posted. I got my order same day as your reply and I guess I'm just lucky, huh? Killer deal and price!
I have the Red billet pressure plate, polished stainless steel springs, Silver billet open cover, and with the stock plates, it's pretty friggin' noisy. I still have about 1-2K before the stock plates wear out, but at least I'm set already. I also just installed the Brembo GP Billet clutch master and forged brake master, so things are definitely getting good. Only thing left is to replace stock reservoirs with Rizoma billet ones and (hopefully) say goodbye to leakage issues!

DT996
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode