To Swing Or Not To Swing - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to FlewByYou04R1 Send a message via Yahoo to FlewByYou04R1
To Swing Or Not To Swing

OK GUYS HERES THE DEAL SHOULD I SWING THE 04 R1 OUT? I NEVER RODE AN EXTENDED BIKE, DOES IT HANDLE BADLY AROUND CURVES? CAN I GO 140-150 AROUND A BEND ON 696? TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION I WANNA TRY AND PUT OVER 220 TO THE WHEEL NEXT SUMMER, N/A. TURBO MAYBE IN THE FUTURE.. ANYONE KNOW A GOOD PLACE TO PULL MY HEAD OF, PUT CUSTOM CAMS..AND FULLY PORT THE HEAD? AND GEARING WHAT SHOULD I DO AS FAR AS SPROKETS...I WANNA HIT OVER 200 BUT I ALSO WANNA GET THERE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE YA KNOW...AND WHAT IS A 520 CHAIN CONVERSION...HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

~~~~~~VIEETZ

G'on Brush Your Shoulders Off!!!
"9 outta 10 woman are battered...and im still eating mine plain"
WANT MORE INCHES STROKE IT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 12:45 AM

Putting an extended swing arm on the bike is going to make a huge difference since it was designed to use the stock length.
How much of a difference depends solely on the length of the swing-arm. You should really only do that if you plan on using it to drag race. If you plan to ride it on the street get an adjustable swingarm.
As for pushing 220 RWHP, good luck. Its going to cost you alot.
For my 1000RR there are 2 places that offer the parts to hit 220 HP. Both run about $12,000 just for parts.
If you're planning on doing that much and you're asking on an internet forum for answers for the questions you asked, you are obviously fairly ignorant of this kind of stuff (no insult intended.) I suggest that you find an expert in your area to guide you so it comes out correctly and you dont wreck it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to FlewByYou04R1 Send a message via Yahoo to FlewByYou04R1
so putting a lil over 40 hp to the wheel will cost me about 12000...damn. well im new to this bike thing i know alot about drag cars cuz that is what i used to do... i dont know where to start when i comes to bikes.. as far as where to look and who to go to that i repitable. so if anyone knows where i should start please help. as for the swing arm i am leaning against it.

~~~~~~~~VIEETZ

G'on Brush Your Shoulders Off!!!
"9 outta 10 woman are battered...and im still eating mine plain"
WANT MORE INCHES STROKE IT!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 11:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Quote:
Originally posted by FlewByYou04R1
so putting a lil over 40 hp to the wheel will cost me about 12000...damn. well im new to this bike thing i know alot about drag cars cuz that is what i used to do... i dont know where to start when i comes to bikes.. as far as where to look and who to go to that i repitable. so if anyone knows where i should start please help. as for the swing arm i am leaning against it.

~~~~~~~~VIEETZ
#1. If you`re new to bikes you shouldn`t have bought an 04 R1

#2. If you`re new to bikes you shouldn`t be at 140+mph, let alone trying to take corners at those speeds.

#3. Don`t ask questions about a Yamaha in the Ducati forum, and you`ll probly get alot more replies.

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode