My 748 Biposto is a Monoposto wannabe... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

My 748 Biposto is a Monoposto wannabe...

I found this item that is supposed to be a passenger seat cover for the 748/916/998. It replaces the passenger seat to give the Biposto a Monoposto look.

Does anyone have a picture of how this would look on a bike?

Thanks...

Last edited by moomba; 12-04-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 03:47 PM

I just picked one of these up for my 996 Biposto, but I don't have any pictures. In my opinion, it does look cleaner than the seatpad, especially since I removed the passenger pegs as well.

The overall quality is good, but the color match is not exact to the Ducati yellow. It's very close, but seems to be a slightly lighter shade.

The only other option would be to pick up a monoposto tail, which I've seen on ebay with some frequency.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted900
I just picked one of these up for my 996 Biposto, but I don't have any pictures. In my opinion, it does look cleaner than the seatpad, especially since I removed the passenger pegs as well.
I also just bought one off Ebay and plan to remove the rear footpegs as well.

Quote:
The overall quality is good, but the color match is not exact to the Ducati yellow. It's very close, but seems to be a slightly lighter shade.
The paint on my Duc is probably a little faded from the original yellow so it might match right up...

Quote:
The only other option would be to pick up a monoposto tail, which I've seen on ebay with some frequency.
I've looked into that option but they typically go for over $200 and then you still have to mess with painting it. The unit I bought was only $90 plus $9 shipping so it was worth it.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2004, 05:11 AM

I though it would be easier to find a seat cowl, because they are readily available for the Japanese bikes. But this cowl was the only one I could find that was made for the Ducati.

One thing to watch is that you will need 2 new bolts, which were not provided with the seat cowl. That it because the bolt holes on the cowl for the tail light bracket are bigger than the bolts that hold the bracket to the passenger seat.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 03:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bluelt1ss Send a message via Yahoo to Bluelt1ss
are you guys getting the seat covers off ebay or a website? ive been wanting one for my 749, but cant find anyone in america that carries them. only in europe have a i found them. any suggestions?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted900
One thing to watch is that you will need 2 new bolts, which were not provided with the seat cowl. That it because the bolt holes on the cowl for the tail light bracket are bigger than the bolts that hold the bracket to the passenger seat.
That's one of the things that I realised when I received it. I haven't gone down to the hardware store to pick up the bolts yet.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluelt1ss
are you guys getting the seat covers off ebay or a website? ive been wanting one for my 749, but cant find anyone in america that carries them. only in europe have a i found them. any suggestions?
I bought mine on Ebay but I don't think they are available for the 749/999s yet.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 08:21 AM

Say, if someone wants to trade their (yellow) biposto tail/subframe/pegs for a mono tail/frame with a corbin seat .. I'd be game.

shoot me an email at [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode