multi-strada - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
multi-strada

i rode a multi-strada quite a bit saturday. actually, i rode a bunch of ducati's yesterday, but i was curious about people's thoughts on the bike.

prior to riding it, i thought it was the best looking back-half of a motorcycle and 92ish tdm850-ugly in the front. i didn't think much about it. mybuddy who's wife has a 748 and had a monster and he currently owns a 999s kept telling me how fun it was. his co-worker kept raving about (his ducati history includes racing 888's and 955's in the old pro-twins category). i could figure out why they loved it so much.

i got it on an open spot on the multistrata in the demo rides (i was the guy who tailed the group for the dealership). so rode the bike and i thought, it's cool, but not for me. keep in mind, i'm puttin' along following the demo group.

then after the bike swap, we had our group get separated. i watched a guy on a monster s4 go up a blind turn/hill in the wrong lane. so i got on the thing to pull him in. i was surprised. it really is an awesome bike. it is a blast to ride and believe it or not, the seat is comfy.

i also rode a 999, 749, monster 750, monster s4, an st4, an st2, as well as a tuono and a mille. i was surprised at how narrow (even for a ducati) the 999 and 749's were. they are excellent motorcycles. of the ducati's, i think my favorite was the monster s4. sorry ducati guys, the tuono stayed my favorite. but i think the monster s4 closely followed by the multistrata would be my podium of bikes for the day.

one thing that really stood out to me is how easily people compare aprilias and ducatis and just how INCREDIBLY different they are.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-27-2003, 01:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
What a great day! You rode some very nice bikes. I have not had the chance to ride the multistrada or s4. Thanks for your feed back. But man, talk about a day in heaven.

What could be better? Trading Italian beauty's for Italian beauty's...know what I mean. Then I would even question that. Ha!

Which Mille did you ride? Tell me it was the R.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 03:34 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
no their dealer demo was an '02 standard mille (actually, no 999s, 999r, 749s, tuono race, or mille r demo's, so everything with ohlins is picked up with 1 mile on it). i guess rather than having an '02 sitting on the floor, they put the aprilia shotgun exhaust on it an made it a demo bike.

i rode my friend's 01 mille r. at street speeds (especially on a bike that's not mine), i didn't really get a great idea of the ohlins suspension. the only thing i noticed is that it felt confidence inspiring. i don't know why it felt that way, but it just seemed to be really smooth. his also had dymag wheels on it, so it's hard to say which contributed more to the feel.

it was fun. all the bikes were great. i just wish the 750 monster had a better fork. either that our someone blew a fork seal in it. i'll be honest, that bike with good fork springs and valving could be a lot of fun.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode