found 748 for sale, question on shipping... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2003, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to templar75
Wink found 748 for sale, question on shipping...

Hey everyone, I found a really awesome deal on a 2002 748 with 5---k miles on it, and was wondering how much of a pain it would be to ship it....overseas. There's always a catch isnt there, the seller said the shipping cost is 900.00$. Does that sound accurate? Has anyone else done this before that could offer me some tips on the best way to do this (without spending a fortune) thanks a million!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 03:19 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
I've never shipped a bike overseas, but just be careful:

https://www.sportbikeworld.com/showth...ighlight=spain

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

wow, sounds like I might have ran into one of those guys. Thanks a million for letting me know about that other thread, you might have just saved me a lot of money I knew it was too good to be true...a 2002 748 for 4,000.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 04:22 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Quote:
Originally posted by templar75
wow, sounds like I might have ran into one of those guys. Thanks a million for letting me know about that other thread, you might have just saved me a lot of money I knew it was too good to be true...a 2002 748 for 4,000.
Tell ya what, you can send me $2000 for letting you in on it, that way you're only losing half the money you almost did. What a deal, right!?

Seriously though, no problem. Glad to help, it's what we're all here for.

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

I'm trying to draw this guy out for what he really is; he's saying he wants 900 for shipping then when the bike gets into the US I would have to send him the rest...doesn't sound bad, but then again I really don't feel like paying some dude 900 dollars and never seeing anything in return for it. He's saying the bike has a clean title but all the paperwork are in customs so he can't give me the VIN, to which I respoded I want the number for customs so I can attempt to call and get the VIN# myself (which I'm not even sure I can do in Spain, but again I'm trying to draw this guy out). Anyone know of how I could 1 - figure out if he's telling the truth or 2 - figure out if he's telling the truth ?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 02:57 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

If he physically has or can get to the bike, paperwork is not needed to get the VIN. All ya need are eyes.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

*waiting for an email response* I bet I spooked him with talk of the VIN number. The way I see it, if he's legit he'll get it for me, if not he'll continue to be useless.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

no dice, he said he wont accept escrow.com so there's no way im sending him anything without knowing I have some sort of insurance. thanks alot for the help. hopefully i'll find a legit seller that has one...anyone know of any 748's for sale? or maybe a monster...hmm...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2003, 06:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2430864135

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 08:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
Overdose on the Redlinesuperbike thread has a horror story about shipping a bike here domestically. Drop him a PM and learn from his experience. I know you are going overseas, but maybe he can offer you some insight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode