rpms @ hwy. speed, 900M & SS, ST4; hard bags - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

Question rpms @ hwy. speed, 900M & SS, ST4; hard bags

I'd like to know what rpms 900 Monsters, & SSs (I assume they have the same gearing) turn @ 75 mph, in 6th gear, with stock gearing. I'm interested in all years. Also, I would be interested in the answer to the same question re. the ST4. Finally, can anyone recommend hard bags for the Monster? I know there was a "City" model, with standard hard bags, available in Europe, but I've never seen such a setup available in the U.S. Thanks to all of you in advance for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 09:41 AM

Wow.......I can't answer your RPM's question, but I may be able to shed some light on your Monster City question.

This version was available for a few years in the US. It came with leather side bags, not hard cases. If you are interested in hard cases, take a look at Givi. I think that's the name of the company. I'm sure someone around here can verify the name or correct it if I'm wrong. Either way, I'm sure they would have something you're looking for.

My tombstone will read: "It seemed like a good idea at the time."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2002, 01:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to lucifer Send a message via Yahoo to lucifer
Next time I go riding I can get you numbers for a 99 900ss stock gearing.

There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright red, hunchback, warp-speed 900cc café racer is one of them -- but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous.
H.S.T.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 05:22 AM

Send a message via AIM to lucifer Send a message via Yahoo to lucifer
1999 900SS Stock gearing Aftermarket exhausts CPU & K&N

4100 RPMs at 75mph indicated (note that you are somewhat off the powerband at this speed. Things don't really get cooking until around 5000

There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright red, hunchback, warp-speed 900cc café racer is one of them -- but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous.
H.S.T.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode