Finally got my Duc 748!! (update) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Finally got my Duc 748!! (update)

My brother and i finally found the deal we wanted on the 2001 Ducati 748 monos. 22,300 shipped to Los Angeles from Wilson's in Fresno. We purchased them about 3 weeks ago and the week after, another one of my friends purchased one because they were such a great deal.

That same night that they were delivered. We rode all through LA(4 hrs) trying to break it in. I woke up the next morning and was barely able to move my hands because my forearms were so sore. I'm currently at 800 miles on it and am waiting for my appt. for the break-in service. I know that the break in service is intended for around 600 miles but the mechanic at ProItalia and a few other duc owners told me that I could push it up to 800 miles, so i did. I haven't revved past 7k rpm but so far the engine sounds really sweet, the bike handles like butter and i've gotten really comfortable with the riding position( use ab muscles to balance on the tank and take weight of my wrists).

The only problem i had with the bike at first was finding neutral because the indicator wouldn't always turn on. I had to ease the clutch in hopes that i was in neutral at the stoplights. This caused me to lose my balance one time and i tipped the bike on it's left side breaking the end off my clutch lever and a minor scuff on the left lower fairing. After about 150 miles the neutral has become easier to find and the indicator is working properly. I guess this was just a part of breaking the bike in.

Next step... Modifications!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2002, 03:55 PM

new 748

Congrats on the new bike,same here,I just got mine last week so true about the neutral what a bummer for tipping that piece of art down
Maybe we could hook up ,where in La are you,I'm from the torrance area(southbay)
Oh btw I got the fast one (yellow)

02' 7four8 bip

Last edited by AraiHead; 07-08-2002 at 10:12 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2002, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Araihead,

funny cuz, I have an Arai also. Roberts replica, rx7rr4! Anyway i'm in Brentwood. Way down the 405 by west Los Angeles. I'm totally down for a canyon carving session or just a cruz. Send me an email [email protected] and we can hook up for a bikenight or something. I won't have my bike from wedns to friday because in going in for a service.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2002, 08:08 PM

Thumbs up 748 trans = fine wine

Don't sweat the hard to find neutral. It seems the trans on a 748 is like a fine wine, after a little time the bike seems to shift and find neutral with ease. My 748 shifts better that my Monster or SS ever did, just give it some time. Check out the Rock Store on Sunday in the A.M. for a nice ride and some nice bikes to look at when you get there.

Bring lawyers, guns and money to get me out of this.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 01:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Gus 748S Send a message via Yahoo to Gus 748S
I also did get my 01 748s from Wilson's in Fresno. They are good people. I've got mine for about a little over $9500 with taxes and everything including 2 yr free maintenance . Enjoy your toy. I am. I love it 110% more than my ex R6.

If you do not understand my silence, you will not understand my words.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode