New shoes - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2002, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Question New shoes

Just looking at my tires the other day, and after a few LONG and all too straight trips on the 748, the rubber is starting to look a little square. Unfortunately I seem to be putting more highway miles than twisties, so I was thinking of putting a longer life sport touring radial on soon. Any suggestions?

The Dragons are not wearing very long in the centers, and I was thinking Dunlop D220s or Michelin Macadam 100x tires. Anyone have any experience with these?

I'll never get over Macho Grande
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-26-2002, 06:48 AM

I ran some Bridgestone BT020 's on the GSXR before I sold it and they worked quite well. They lasted much longer then the Metz ME Z1 's I had been running.

Phil
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 12:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to megillet
Arrow

At the end of last season, I replaced the stock rear tire on my Monster 750 with a MEZ4. It is very similiar to the MEZ1 that I took off save for the harder center. I still have a MEZ1 on the front and it doesn't upset the bike having the two different tires on it. I would definitely get another set of MEZ4s when I am through with the pair on the bike. The only major difference I have noticed is the tendency to lock up the rear while braking hard. Its seems to break free easier than the MEZ1 did while standing the bike up straight. Corner/trail braking remains the same. I also noticed that the center tread is deeper than it was on the MEZ1 when both were new. I have about 1500 miles on it so far and it is wearing very nicely! Doesn't seem to be squaring off much at all and I commute to class/work most every day that is above 35 deg F. Hope this helps!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2002, 06:04 PM

Just ordered up a pair of Metzeler M1 Sportecs, hope to have them on for next weekend. I'll post a write-up once they're scrubbed in...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2002, 11:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to dpasseto
I wouldn't get a harder compound tire just in case one day you happen to hit a backroad somewhere. I don't know how you like to ride but I know I like to have some grip when I'm hanging off the the side off the 996. I have the M1 sportecs (180) and it's an awesome tire.

I'd rather be on my Duck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode