Monster VS SV650 - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by kapeXracer
a monster is an object of lust.....while the sv is a tool to get the job done

thats agood way to look at it.. thanks.. im selling.. doenst suit me.. anybody want a wel taken care of ducati m900 monster?

96 wit only 12,000 miles.... anyboy! please!

see you all in the canyons..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 11:54 AM

Re: Re: Monster VS SV650

Quote:
Originally posted by Abos
Umm... I wouldn't be too sure about that one. I thought there were plenty of aftermarket items available for the sv, especially since it's a very popular track bike.
I don't have the link, but one company actually makes big bore kits for these ranging from 700 to 800 cc kits.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-15-2003, 12:54 PM

Re: Re: Re: Monster VS SV650

Quote:
Originally posted by kismet_710
I don't have the link, but one company actually makes big bore kits for these ranging from 700 to 800 cc kits.
You might be thinking of JHS in Britain:
http://www.jhsracing.co.uk/top_level/start.htm
Be very careful about trying to get a lot of power out of a SV, especially over 85hp.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-16-2003, 11:12 PM

well, from the short female PoV

when i started my bike search, the Suzuki 650 was reccommended to me by more than one source. they say it's a great bike.

the Ducati has the 'soul', and the 'intangible something' that might attract people, but the SV is reliable and all around yadda-yadda.

that said, i can't sit the SV650. would have to modify the seat and suspension.

i'm just.. not interested.

i'm going for the 'intangible something' and the bike set up the way it was built. climbed on the m620 Dark in the showroom and it just *fit* perfectly, seat, reach, balance.

w00t~
my advice, go sit them, check them out. ^_^
~B~
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-15-2003, 04:27 PM

i have found that my ducati ss was better out of the box than the sv was. the sv had more power but i found the ducati ss easier to ride. my sv needed mods to make it a good bike. forks were way too soft and brakes needed a little help. the rear shock had to be replaced also. once you spend the extra cash on all the mods for the sv you have the same or more money in the sv than you do a ducati. i find the ducati easier to work on than the sv also. i will have to admit though that after the mods are all done the sv will smoke the ducati. as far a reliability is concerned. i have had zero problems with my duck after getting a custom fi map. my sv has been out of commission due to carb problems and it only had 650 miles on it when that started. both bikes have quirks, both bikes will cost you a lot fo money in the long run, but the sv will be a faster bike in the end. the ducati just looks much better and sounds much better and has a soul. it all depends on what you want a bike for. i like my ducati the best for the street. i like the sv for the track.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 09:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
There is nothing like the look and sound of a Duc. I have the 900SS and I love it. It turns peoples heads. Go with the Duc! Enjoy your bike and become one with it....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 09:18 AM

Oh my God??!?!?! Get the freakin Monster!!! No comparison! It's a Duc!!!! Timeless bike. Never go out of style and a blast to ride. I've had a BMW, a Gixxer, and now a Monster S4R. I've found my bike. Be a Monster Hooligan!
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 08:28 PM

Monster VS SV

If HP and straight line performance are your Holy Grails then the UJM is the way to go...But if Unique aesthetics,legendary performance at the track,a storied,pedigreed Marque,and "just like to be different" is for you,the Ducati is the way to go...PERIOD!
You will definitly stand out on a DUC!!!
And please do not misconstrue the above as belittling the Jap bikes...but lets face it...The Ducati is different...aand while you can always start up a Jap bike...the Ducatis ,you bring to LIFE!!!
You may want to check out the 1995 and up 900 SuperSports..or if finances allow go with a newer 1000 2V.
The 2V Duc engines have a proven reliability record,and good aftermarket support if you feel the need for speed,
Or you can invest in some Ohlins,Penske,or other pricy suspension pieces...and make it more capable than Rossi...or any other Mortal..
Mike S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode