i went there, i didnt get it..

Sorry.

Here, comparo between an SV and a 750 ss

http://www.cmgonline.com/articles/CM...zukiSV650.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 02:24 PM

The older SS was better, alot more comfortable,

I don't know why they had to give it the same seating position as the 916, it is sooo uncomfortable, and not fast enough to justify the comfort, I think they also got out of hand with the styling.

The SS frame is based on that of the TT2 600 racer of the late 70s/early 80s and past models despite revisions have come up with cracks in the frame with hard use,

an early 900 monster with a good history and as little modifications as possible would be a good buy and I have seen them in the low $5k dollar range with all the CF stuff already on, and the 6 speed box is an improvement over the 5 on the smaller engines,
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lt.Gustl

I don't know why they had to give it the same seating position as the 916, it is sooo uncomfortable, and not fast enough to justify the comfort, I think they also got out of hand with the styling.

I totally agree. I loved the look of the old SS. Beautiful bikes.

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Lt.Gustl has attached this image:
That is a really beautiful bike. I like bikes that look like machines, not car larva.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 06:19 PM

If you can afford it (the payments and the maintenance), get the Duc. The SV is inexpensive, dependable and kinda agile, but when i rode one, i felt like i was riding something inexpensive, dependable . . . kinda like my Mom's old Chevy. True it can be modded and made into a great track bike, but it sounds like you're looking for something for the street. I used to own a Duc 900 SS, which has a great deal in common with the Monster 900, and i never got tired of riding it or bored in the middle of a ride. What's the point of having a bike if it's not exciting to ride ??

One other point of interest . . . since Suzuki classified the SV as a "Sport Street" machine, insurance for my SV cost almost as much as the insurance for my Duc.
Mark G
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

The SS frame is based on that of the TT2 600 racer of the late 70s/early 80s and past models despite revisions have come up with cracks in the frame with hard use,

an early 900 monster with a good history and as little modifications as possible would be a good buy and I have seen them in the low $5k dollar range with all the CF stuff already on, and the 6 speed box is an improvement over the 5 on the smaller engines,
that naked race 900ss is great, im not a big fan of them wit the headlight.. but maybe with some piaas on the front..
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-04-2002, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Cool hey guys!

ive got this great deal, i just want him to bend in price a little more on an m900, its got all this extra carbon fiber, new btx something rubber, some slip ons, i cant remember, stage 2 jet kit, its a 96, wit/ only 12 ooo K on it.. he asked 5400, went to 4900, can i push more out of hiM? i offered 4 but he didnt agree... nex ti offered 4400, hope he agrees... what do you guys think of the m900 of this year? is it a good bike?

pros and cons?

he added a small tach which i dint knwo it didnt have one.. think i can add a newer style guage cluster? it has the old choke style wher eyou pull the knob..

can you guys distinguish a 96 m900 versus a 2000,2001 per say?

thanks..i think ima buy it, 900 cc versus an SV 650?
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 09:01 AM

Quote:

The SS frame is based on that of the TT2 600 racer of the late 70s/early 80s and past models despite revisions have come up with cracks in the frame with hard use, ...
The older model may have been a bit easier on the ergos, but the fuel injected motors are a nice improvement for overall rideability. The frames haven't been a problem since the newer SS was introduced. Styling? To each his own on that point.

That's an interesting race Monster pic you posted. Almost like a naked 916 with an air-cooled motor.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-05-2002, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by scratch

That's an interesting race Monster pic you posted. Almost like a naked 916 with an air-cooled motor.

Beautiful, just Beautiful, i say, especially the pipes really slanted like, i wish all exhaust came like that.. r1's kinda come like that, the new 954 kinda come like that.. i dont like them when they drag low like a road hog..

great pic
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 03:30 AM

a monster is an object of lust.....while the sv is a tool to get the job done
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode