Anyone have a guestimate on how much a mono tail will cost for my 2000 748 biposto? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 04:47 AM Thread Starter
HUS
Registered User
 
HUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Posts: 289
Send a message via AIM to HUS Send a message via Yahoo to HUS
Question Anyone have a guestimate on how much a mono tail will cost for my 2000 748 biposto?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all I need is the mono tail and lights and mounting hardware for the lights...right? I'm looking for a mono tail with the white plate so when my wife isn't riding with me, I can just throw on the mono tail. So back to my question...how much will the tail and lighting hardware run me? Thanx.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton
HUS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 06:10 AM
Pete
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I was under the impression that the monoposto and biposto tails used different subframes.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 06:35 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Gone
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete
I was under the impression that the monoposto and biposto tails used different subframes.
yup.

Sorry HUS, it's not as easy as just swapping the plastic.
Paul748S is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
HUS
Registered User
 
HUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Posts: 289
Send a message via AIM to HUS Send a message via Yahoo to HUS
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete
I was under the impression that the monoposto and biposto tails used different subframes.
Umm... The way I've known it was you can swap from a biposto to a mono but not from a mono to a bi. The brackets and everything match up the same for the plastic. The difference in subframes has to do with the fact that if you change a mono into a bi that the subframe for the mono will not support a passenger but changing from a bi to a mono the only thing the bi subframe is supporting is plastic so there's no harm done. I'm going by what I've been told and I have no direct knowledge of this.

It makes sense to me though. The mono has a lighter subframe and no footpegs or any holes or brackets for footpegs but the bi's subframe does, and if the mounting brackets for the tail match up the same then I don't see why it won't work.

Like I said, I don't know this for sure so I'm not gonna go out and spend around $300 or so to find out but this is just what I've been told.

Do you guys have any direct knowledge of this or have changed out mono for bi and (not or) bi for mono. Thanx.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton
HUS is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 08:32 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Gone
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally posted by HUS
Do you guys have any direct knowledge of this or have changed out mono for bi and (not or) bi for mono. Thanx.
YES. I HAVE DIRECT KNOWLEDGE OF THIS.
Paul748S is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 08:52 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Gone
Posts: 304
Here is what you'll need to do the conversion, HUS.


Part Number .............. Description

438.2.019.2NA - Rear Seat Cowl (Red) (438.2.019.2NB for Yellow)
827.1.086.1A - Seat bracket
777.5.234.2B - Screws for bracket above (x2)
595.1.027.1A - Seat Assembly (includes rubber pads x4)
866.1.023.1A - Right hand pad
866.1.024.1A - Left hand pad
827.1.120.1A - Plate
829.2.004.1A - Holder
713.1.109.1A - Spacers x2 (which I think is 4mm too long - but check it first)
779.5.009.1A - Screws for spacer above x2
525.4.005.3A - Tail lamp assembly (includes bulbs)
827.1.111.1A - Plate for cable connector
866.1.018.1A - Rubber spacer
866.1.020.1A - Rubber Stoppers x2
764.1.024.1A - Rubber Grommets x2
832.1.008.1A - Pins x2

Have your local dealer check these part numbers - I'm fairly sure they're correct. You'll also need 4 nuts, (5mm hole, which use an 8mm socket), and four washers. These attach the seat to the Rear Cowl. Total cost will be approximately $850 buckaroo's!

Last edited by Paul748S; 11-13-2001 at 08:55 AM.
Paul748S is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
HUS
Registered User
 
HUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Muscle Shoals, Alabama
Posts: 289
Send a message via AIM to HUS Send a message via Yahoo to HUS
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul748S
Here is what you'll need to do the conversion, HUS.


Part Number .............. Description

438.2.019.2NA - Rear Seat Cowl (Red) (438.2.019.2NB for Yellow)
827.1.086.1A - Seat bracket
777.5.234.2B - Screws for bracket above (x2)
595.1.027.1A - Seat Assembly (includes rubber pads x4)
866.1.023.1A - Right hand pad
866.1.024.1A - Left hand pad
827.1.120.1A - Plate
829.2.004.1A - Holder
713.1.109.1A - Spacers x2 (which I think is 4mm too long - but check it first)
779.5.009.1A - Screws for spacer above x2
525.4.005.3A - Tail lamp assembly (includes bulbs)
827.1.111.1A - Plate for cable connector
866.1.018.1A - Rubber spacer
866.1.020.1A - Rubber Stoppers x2
764.1.024.1A - Rubber Grommets x2
832.1.008.1A - Pins x2

Have your local dealer check these part numbers - I'm fairly sure they're correct. You'll also need 4 nuts, (5mm hole, which use an 8mm socket), and four washers. These attach the seat to the Rear Cowl. Total cost will be approximately $850 buckaroo's!
Thanks Paul. Hey, I haven't asked yet but are you the same Paul that I know? The one that got kicked off the site? Peace.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton
HUS is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 01:25 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Gone
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally posted by HUS
Thanks Paul. Hey, I haven't asked yet but are you the same Paul that I know? The one that got kicked off the site? Peace.
At this time, I can neither confirm, nor deny that I am the "Paul" which you speak of. You're welcome.
Paul748S is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 03:13 AM
Pete
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul748S
At this time, I can neither confirm, nor deny that I am the "Paul" which you speak of.
If you are, I am going to be sooooo freaked out.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 05:15 AM
Registered User
 
tigerblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: The MIL
Posts: 1,599
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul748S


At this time, I can neither confirm, nor deny that I am the "Paul" which you speak of. You're welcome.
Let's hope not. The first one was an @$$hole. That is weird though, two guys named Paul from Atlanta that each had 748s...
tigerblade is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome