riding without a jacket - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

as i live in scotland and it does,nt get that hot i always wear either a leather jacket or a sports jacket with armour and would recommend this to all bikers.remember it is,nt always your fault that you fall off but at 30mph you slide for 6 yrds before you start grinding bone.is it worth it just to keep cool or look good? thats 6 yrds then its bone!!!.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 02:25 AM

Thumbs up

I live in New Orleans where the average temperature is approximately HELL at all times. Humidity makes it that much more pleasant. Even so, I don't go out without my Full gear on. The wind vents make it bearable, and living is important to me. No one stops for red lights here and I prefer not to look like the guy on Rotten.com!

What I don't get are the guys who wear the helmets with tank tops and shorts! Yes, its hot, but that skin graft surgery will be a lot less pleasant! Always looking at the bright side of life I suppose.

And with my $.02, I am gone.
Tt
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 05:56 AM

Here in hell without humidity (PHX) I sacrifice the jacket so I don't die of Sun stroke on the way home from work...its a personal choice...but I advocate the jacket to any rider who rides where its feasible...I consider anything under 100 feasible for a jacket...

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 06:09 AM
Pete

For about $130, the new Joe Rocket Phoenix (hey Will, i wonder why they called it that?) mesh jacket is the ticket. Without a doubt, it's much better than nothing, and it almost feels like nothing. I love mine.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pete
For about $130, the new Joe Rocket Phoenix (hey Will, i wonder why they called it that?) mesh jacket is the ticket. Without a doubt, it's much better than nothing, and it almost feels like nothing. I love mine.
I second dat! It's definitely worth the money. It's even comfortable on hot, humid days... awesome.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 06:47 AM
Squidwannabe

Draggin jeans also makes a shirt.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 06:55 AM

Quote:
For about $130, the new Joe Rocket Phoenix (hey Will, i wonder why they called it that?) mesh jacket is the ticket.
If you can find one. They must be pretty popular, I ordered one for my dad for father's day and it's backordered
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 07:01 AM

Question

Quote:
For about $130, the new Joe Rocket Phoenix ?) mesh jacket is the ticket. I love mine.
Ok, Here is what I need to know. I love my JR Meteor but it is fitted for men. I need to hear from the women riders out there what they wear in the summer heat to ride. The Phoenix looks ok, but I have these two things called boobs and hips (ok, maybe more than 2 things ) that make part of these jackets real tight, and the others real loose. Joe Rocket has a special section for womens jackets, but I would like to hear actual references from the people who wear them.

Getting the Visa warmed up,
T
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 09:18 AM
Pete

Quote:
Originally posted by Ttiana
Ok, Here is what I need to know. I love my JR Meteor but it is fitted for men. I need to hear from the women riders out there what they wear in the summer heat to ride. The Phoenix looks ok, but I have these two things called boobs and hips (ok, maybe more than 2 things ) that make part of these jackets real tight, and the others real loose. Joe Rocket has a special section for womens jackets, but I would like to hear actual references from the people who wear them.

Getting the Visa warmed up,
T
Tracey, I really do feel sorry for you; it seems like most women have the same troubles with riding apparel, and that sucks. As for the Phoenix jacket, might I suggest you find a local dealer that has them and go try one on. I realize that they are fitted for men, but the mesh is a bit flexible, and there are velcro straps at the waistband which offer a pretty wide range of adjustability. I know, the jacket that fits you across the chest will probably have it's shoulders at your elbows and cuffs three inches past your fingertips. I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but maybe you'll get lucky. Good luck.

Oh, this place, http://www.motagear.com/ , is often recommended by women when discussing riding gear. I did notice that their online store is currently closed, but there is a phone number to call.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2001, 11:54 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdman

If you can find one. They must be pretty popular, I ordered one for my dad for father's day and it's backordered
There are several new Phoenix jackets on eBay right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode