As promised my 1st squideo!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Cool

Ok, finally my a$$ is cashing the check my mouth wrote...

http://216.221.207.86/chri0010.avi

It's just under 10 megs so be patient, it's worth it. You will need Quicktime to view it.. if you don't have it download it from..

http://www.apple.com/quicktime.com

Much thanks to Squidwannabe for hosting the video!!

Yes, it's really me... a leather sportin' squid.

If you are having problems viewing then do the following:

1.) Right click on the 1st link and select Save Target As. Remember where you are downloading the file too. (IE what directory) - Wait while file downloads to that directory.

2.) Start quicktime (download free viewer 1st if you don't have it) then select open movie and pick the location of the AVI file you just downloaded.

It views best this way and runs smoother off you own local hard drive rather then from the URL.

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com

Last edited by Luv2RideFast; 05-16-2001 at 03:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 09:03 AM
Squidwannabe

Thumbs down

Sorry man, Two thumbs down ...

Why ?? No neons or fur.

Awesome Chris !!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 10:02 AM

Looks like you're ready for the XSBA.

http://www.xsba.com/

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 10:55 AM

Just started the download I'll get back to you in a week. Sorry, just a little sarcasm directed at our internet link. It's a segmented T1, 384K with burst to double that but it's always clogged up and it pisses me off that things are so slow. Whats that? No, I don't think this is off topic at all.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chris_y2k_r1
...be patient, it's worth it... Yes, it's really me... a leather sportin' squid.
Thanks, Chris! Great Squideo! Now if you could show us some scratchin' action, it'll complete the smack talkin' you've been doing all this time.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 11:39 AM

Good vid Chris. I thought you were going to go into a donut when that back end started getting to the side
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 12:05 PM

Thumbs up

Kudos on the rolling burnout.. very cool, the rest was kinda mediocre, but i know you can do better !!!

But still, very good stuff for your first vids.!!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Hey thanks y'all!

It's been fun making it I must say. It was very last minute, I had borrowed a camera and the guy wanted it back so at the last minute I grabbed my roommate and told him stay here and film. It was all seat of the pants and right in front of my house which is not the place to be doing this for many reasons (cars included!).

We almost caused an accident b/c a cager was too busy looking at us and almost rearended a stopped, turning car. My roommate was slacking on the camera but the guy laid down long black strips on the road. On the original high res version you can see that the skid marks weren't there and then suddenly appeared in the next shot. Everything you saw was taken in the order that it happened (total of less then 5 minutes) - we just cut out the turning around and crap.

Hopefully I can get around to doing what I wanted to do which will be much better than this, but it was a good learning expirience.

Hey Paul, is 'scratchin' some sorta of Ted Nuggent style word for fornicating???

Thanks for checking out my squidliness!

Peace,
Chris

P.S. - Stacia had to fix the quick time link, I had it wrong. So if you couldn't download it before, you should be able to now. Thanks Stacia (Yeah, I'm a moderator )

Fairing repair / Plastic Welding / Gas Tank Repair / Fabrication and Customization
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or s3sportbikes.com

Last edited by chris_y2k_r1; 05-16-2001 at 05:52 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 07:55 PM

Talking

Too awesome, Chris! I'm definitely not worthy!
Very cool!

Joe!
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 7,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

Co-owner/Administrator

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 05:54 AM

Was there meant to be sound?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode