The BIG queston... What is the best Sportbike company!?! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: Whats the best brand of bikes???
Honda 24 46.15%
Yamaha 5 9.62%
Suzuki 7 13.46%
Kawasaki 9 17.31%
Other (Ducati,Aprilla,Triumph, etc.) 7 13.46%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Talking

Cmon now everyone, we all have our opinions,now lets ear them, whats the best type of bike???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 10:18 AM

Before I vote...

I need to know the basis of my decision. Are we talking best all around company? Best racing Co. Best streeting co?

Ahh, nevermind. It's SUZUKI, DUH! They have all type of bikes for all types of riders. although not all sizes of riders. But you win some, you lose some right?
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Cool

best company for you and your own... run with that...

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 02:32 PM

I know there has only been 7 votes up till now but it's interesting nobody has voted for yamaha considering there pretty formidable r6 & r1, Having said that i'm a honda man myself
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 03:54 PM

I vote for "other". I like the bikes that are not as mainstream and on every corner, like a R1 etc. I like how the smaller companies (Aprillia, Ducati, Triumph) do well for themselves and produce quality products with less resources. And can build fast race bikes as well. So I vote for the underdogs.
But if I had to pick one, I would pick Ducati. Envy, desire, sex appeal and grace are all parts of the Ducati motorcycle. So what if they are not known to last for 100,000 miles and need extra attention. The rewards are greater.
The same with women, the fiesty difficult ones are usually the best. Come on, stripper or a medical transcriptionist?

But I would own any brand of motorcycle, there isn't such a thing as a bad bike. Unless it's a Kawasaki that is.
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 06:16 PM

I voted for Honda because of the overall scope and their reliability, quality, various innovations of the past and their racing history.

But they all have a claim to being the best in some ways.

Aprilia is putting out some very impressive bikes nowadays.

Ducati has put racing twins on the map. Of course that has been done with way overpriced bikes of lessor quality and reliabilty. Can't argue with their successes though. Sound familiar Harley? Yes they are the Harleys of the sportbike world.

Yamaha made the open class bikes a viable market and has almost single handedly destroyed the 750cc sportbike market in the process. They also put a little spark back into the 600 class. Got spanked again quickly but still deserve alot of credit.

Suzuki has the greatest linup of sportbikes on the road currently IMO(GSXR600/750/1000, SV650, Bandits, Katanas, TLR/S, Busas). Now if they could just get their reliabilty up to par with the others and not screw over their customers when things do go wrong. That issue is the only thing that keeps them out of the top spot I think.

Kawasaki just can't hang right now. They have done well in the past but are sucking hind tit now. All I can say is they are quite reliable and are pretty damn good street bikes. They will rise again someday I think.

Having said all of that, Honda is the best. They cover it all but lets face it... they are all pretty damn good... even Ducati.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 08:18 PM

Thumbs up

My blood runs green!

Joe!
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 7,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Co-owner/Administrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JL1314
My blood runs green!
Good thing it is running this week.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 10:09 AM

I voted Yamaha!
I really enjoy the performance and the almost perfect handling of the R6. In order to replace parts on the Yamahas you don't have to spend your entire paycheck. Replacement parts are resonably priced. Oh they look alot better than the others too. That is probably why they have soo many clones now except for Suzuki.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 12:04 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by funksouljon

Good thing it is running this week.

Don't make me open the can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode