Geico bike insurance - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Question

Hey everyone,

Has anyone had any experience with Geico for bike insurance? I just got an online quote for them and they seem to be a LOT cheaper than Progressive. Any comments?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2001, 05:10 PM
Founder

I've been using Geico (cycleguard) for almost 3 years, but I've never needed to make a claim.

Just to let you know Progressive seems to be higher than most others on a lot of Sportbikes.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2001, 05:26 PM

i have a stock 97 yzf 600. im 26 and have a clean driving record and about 8 years riding experience. progressive is charging my like $650 a yr. compaired to what else i was qouted, it wasn't bad.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-13-2001, 07:58 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by terribleone
i have a stock 97 yzf 600. im 26 and have a clean driving record and about 8 years riding experience. progressive is charging my like $650 a yr. compaired to what else i was qouted, it wasn't bad.
That's because a YZF600 is not classified as a Sportbike in the Insurance world.

Not cutting on your bike, that's just the way they are classified. My buddy has a YZF600 and he get's lower rates because of this.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 01:56 AM

Question

Have you ever considered stacking on top of a car. I don't know if you have a car or not but if you do just stack the bike on there.

Progressive has the worst rated of all. The wanted just about what my cost each year. I don't remember exactly what is was but it was way high. They try and appeal to motorcyclist claiming they have low rates. The key there is that they want cruisers only. If you have a sport you are considered more accident prone. They even considered my R6 a sport, nobody else does. SCREW THEM !!!
Sorry, I'm done venting.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 04:24 PM

Red face

What to see funny????

Your 12 Month Progressive rate:

Paid in full: $5,953.00

Motorcycle: 2001 SUZUKI GSXR SERIES

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH I almost died laughing when I got this quote...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2001, 07:15 PM

YOU THINK THAT'S BAD! HA!

I'm from Brooklyn, NY. I shopped around on the net for insurance rates for a 2001 CBR600F4i. Progressive gave me a quote of over $8Gs!! WTF!?! I wrote them this scathing reply about them having their heads up their asses. They replied back very professionally thanking me for taking the time to give my feedback.. I almost felt guilty. Anyhow, I kept looking. Cycle-Gard gave me a quote of $4Gs! Finally I found a site called riderpoint.com and discovered Universal Underwriter's who quoted me a fee of about $700. I thought I was going to burst into song. I asked my dealer if they were reputable and he confirmed that they were. So, my choice is obvious. Who wants to pay more for insurance than the cost of the bike?!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert

That's because a YZF600 is not classified as a Sportbike in the Insurance world.

Not cutting on your bike, that's just the way they are classified. My buddy has a YZF600 and he get's lower rates because of this.
well, either way...some places would'nt even insure the bike. they said it was on the "list." what list was that? the "almost" sportbike list?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 04:30 PM

Geico? My experiance was shitty. They changed my rates 3 or 4 times AFTER I moved to Virginia from Florida, so the new location wasn't the reason for the changes. The incompetance was. Haven't looked at them since, even though the service I received in Central Florida was good. The one headache was enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode