What do you like most about your bike - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
'09 CBR1000RR

What I like:
The Repsol Scheme
More power than God
Slipper clutch and very smooth shifting both directions

What I don't like:
Complexity of removing passenger pegs
No rear seat cover
Uncomfortable positioning of pegs
well well well......from scuzuki to honda....jury's still out on wether or not thats a step up....

heard great things about those puppies...welcome to the top slot in the food chain

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
Abraham Lincoln
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Haha, thanks. I will tell you one thing, they're a lot harder to work on. Just installed an undertail, integrated taillight and removed the passenger pegs this evening. On the Gixxer, I could have all that done in an hour. On the Honda, it took damn near 5. But it looks so much better. I'll post pics tomorrow cause I'm way too tired right now.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
Haha, thanks. I will tell you one thing, they're a lot harder to work on. Just installed an undertail, integrated taillight and removed the passenger pegs this evening. On the Gixxer, I could have all that done in an hour. On the Honda, it took damn near 5. But it looks so much better. I'll post pics tomorrow cause I'm way too tired right now.
How about a review of the Ducati you had?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 04:23 PM

yeah...did you sell the Duc then get the Honda or did Kroger hand out those fat cat bonuses

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.
Abraham Lincoln
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwisch View Post
How about a review of the Ducati you had?
It is hard to give a review of that bike that would be beneficial to someone who was actually looking for one. I'm convinced that the first 1735 miles of its life were quite brutal, and left some lasting damage. That, plus negligence on the dealership's part made for an overall poor ownership experience.

Some things worth commenting on:
It is comparable to a 750 when it comes to power (that was after I dropped a tooth in the rear sprocket).
It handled well with precision you'd expect from Ducati.
At idle in neutral, the dry clutch leaves people wondering if it's a bike or a tractor.
It had ergonomics comparable to medieval torture devices.

I guess the moral of the story is, it could have been an awesome bike if its original owner hadn't done whatever the hell they did to it.

I always said I wanted to own a Ducati. Now I've done it, and don't know that I'll ever have the desire again. The level of performance and reliability you get from the "big 4" is still unrivaled. If you have the money to spend and want a bike that would be an awesome dedicated track weapon, that's when a Duc might be a good choice.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 09:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to bittersweetryan Send a message via Yahoo to bittersweetryan
Quote:
'05 Kawi ZX-6R (aka 636)

What I really like:
Comfort in the saddle; sit in the bike, not on top of it.
Slipper clutch.
Color (Titanium)
Oh how I'm going to miss that slipper clutch the first time I head into T5 at Road America!!

05 Yamaha R6 which I've only ridden about 1000 street miles.

Side to side transition is so easy.
Very good brakes
More comfortable than my 636

Dislikes:

Not as linear of a torque curve as my 636. There's a big spike at around 7000 rpm.
Front end feels a bit twitchy when leaned over and on the gas (which is prob just a setup issue)

I guess we'll really see what shes made of when/if i get on the track this year.

"Let us celebrate our arrangement with the adding of chocolate to milk."
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 08:16 PM

Carbon fiber wheels!

A few ccs short of a full litre.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 06:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Quote:
No stock steering damper (though I haven't needed it yet)

Get one, it will be the best investment you will make for your every day riding and advanced riding. I don't like my stock damper, hate it in fact, compared to my Scott's, but I have a little better feeling knowing that there is something there when issues arise.

http://www.bikerplanet.net
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Quote:
Originally Posted by conrice View Post
the only thing i can think of thats bad about it is that it's a 954. They're not making them anymore...because of that, it will get harder and harder to find parts for it as the bike gets older. The aftermarket is limited. you can find anything you want right now for your 600rr or 1000rr, but the situation isnt the same for the 954.
I still have my 929 and it's not that hard to find parts for. Give it another 3-5 years and maybe, but there is still plenty out there.

http://www.bikerplanet.net
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to saturntangerine Send a message via Yahoo to saturntangerine
Quote:
Originally Posted by duessel View Post
I still have my 929 and it's not that hard to find parts for. Give it another 3-5 years and maybe, but there is still plenty out there.
But can you get that sweet custom-wave windscreen anywhere? LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode