The Cycle World International Motorcycle Shows® presented by Toyota kicks-off its 13-city nationwide tour at the University of Phoenix Stadium Friday, October 31 through Sunday, November 2. This motorcycle extravaganza is an all access pass to the world of motorcycling with hundreds of the latest street bikes, dirt bikes, cruisers, scooters and ATVs for both new and experienced riders. Several manufacturers will showcase U.S. debuts of hot new models and offer attendees an up-close look at the latest in fuel efficient transportation with more than 500 new vehicles that get 50-plus miles to the gallon – there has never been a better time to ride! From a record setting number of demo rides to a Scooter Pavilion jam-packed with fuel sipping options, the Cycle World International Motorcycle Show offers something for everyone.
The Cycle World International Motorcycle Shows is the first place to see the 2009-model motorcycle collections from the leading motorcycle manufacturers. Ducati and Kawasaki will unveil new models for the first time ever in the U.S. on Friday, October 31, live on the show floor. Attendees will also get a first look the all new Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Voyager and Ninja ZX-6R and the Ducati Monster 1100 and Monster 696. In addition, a custom Phoenix Suns Ducati 848, signed by all the players and featuring a seat made out of basketball skins will be unveiled to the public for the first time ever. This one-of-a-kind bike will be auctioned off at the annual Suns & Stars Gala to raise funds for Phoenix Suns Charities in early 2009.
“Phoenix is the first show for the new model season and Arizonans will be treated to exciting U.S. bike debuts from several manufacturers,” said Group Show Director Jeff D’Entremont. “Enthusiasts will also have the unique opportunity to test ride the largest demo fleet in tour history to truly experience all the great brands and machines we have lined up. This first stop on the tour will showcase several new show features including first-time rider seminars, a Scooter Pavilion featuring the latest brands and products fitting of the scooter lifestyle, high-flying freestyle motocross action and more.”
Following is a brief description of the exciting new features coming to the University of Phoenix Stadium:
• Scooter Pavilion – With high gas prices, scooters are all the rage and the Scooter Pavilion will showcase all the newest models from several manufacturers all in one location. This is the perfect place for showgoers to learn more about these high mileage transportation options and compare models from Aprilia, CF Moto, Genuine, Honda, KYMCO, Piaggio, Vectrix, Vespa and more!
• More Demo Rides Than Ever – Licensed motorcyclists who bring their own riding gear (including a helmet) can test drive the hottest new street bikes from more than 10 manufacturers on Saturday and Sunday, during daylight hours. These manufacturer-sponsored demo rides will offer showgoers the chance to hop on the latest models from BRP, Ducati, Honda, Harley-Davidson, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, Star, Suzuki, Victory and Yamaha.
• Explore Motorcycling New Rider’s Welcome Center – The Welcome Center is the inviting home to a surplus of information for new riders, as well as a place to ask questions and learn about motorcycle safety, women’s programs and local riding clubs – the perfect place for those interested in or new to two wheels. This feature area will also house floor plans, exhibitor lists, product giveaways and serve as an ideal introduction to the world of motorcycling.
• Freestyle Motocross Action – Freestyle motocross fans are sure to be thrilled by performances from the Team Cartel Freestyle Motocross Team. Riders will dazzle attendees with their one-of-a-kind aerial tricks and back flips to a heart pounding soundtrack.
• The Hub – For the first time ever, this new high-energy area will be jam-packed with great speakers covering touring tips, new rider seminars, safety topics and advanced rider clinics. Attendees will also be treated to the American debut of several bikes, on Halloween afternoon.
• Vintage Pavilion – This retro showcase returns with an expanded collection of rare vintage motorcycles including classic dirt bikes, cruisers and more from various vintage groups throughout the country.
• Family Action Zone – Children will enjoy several interactive activities including an obstacle course with Strider Running Bikes, an interactive gaming area featuring the latest video game systems and more!
For the 16th consecutive year, Cycle World, the world’s most popular motorcycle magazine, is the title sponsor for the series and leading manufacturer Toyota will return for the 11th year as presenting sponsor. The show will be open to the public Friday, October 31 (Halloween) through Sunday, November 2, at the University of Phoenix Stadium, located at 1 Cardinals Drive, in Glendale, Arizona. Show hours are Friday, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and
Sunday, from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission to the event is $12 for adults and $6 for children 6-11. Children 5 and under are admitted free. Families are encouraged to attend on Freaky Friday, where kids under 12 get in free for safe trick or treating from all the exhibitors at the show! Plus, Sunday is Ladies Day Out with all women receiving half price admission at the door with our online coupon! $2 off discount tickets are available on the Web at www.motorcycleshows.com
. The Cycle World International Motorcycle Shows® presented by Toyota is the world’s largest motorcycle show series. For more information, call 800/331-5706 or visit motorcycleshows.com.