gsx600 vs R6 vs CBR600RR 02-05 for the tall rider - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 03:25 AM Thread Starter

gsx600 vs R6 vs CBR600RR 02-05 for the tall rider

Compare these bikes on performance, handling, depreciation, and comfort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 04:31 AM

You've either completely ignored the advice in the stickies in New Riders or you just didn't bother to read them.

first post

The 600's are all the same. None of them has any significant advantage over any of the others. It all comes down to personal preference - which one feels best to you. Your height does not exempt you from the advice on starter bikes though. In fact, a Ninja 500 will be much more comfortable for a tall rider than any of the 600's. Anyone who tells you that you need a bigger engine because you're tall is either trying to sell you one or is completely misinformed. You need to go read the stickies and then come back here and post "Hey guys, I've decided to take your advice and look for a good starter bike. Is this 500 I found on Craigslist a good buy?" Don't reply back stating that you don't want to outgrow your bike. Nobody here who has been riding for more than a couple years still has the same bike he/she started on, regardless of what it was.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeeney View Post
You've either completely ignored the advice in the stickies in New Riders or you just didn't bother to read them.

first post

The 600's are all the same. None of them has any significant advantage over any of the others. It all comes down to personal preference - which one feels best to you. Your height does not exempt you from the advice on starter bikes though. In fact, a Ninja 500 will be much more comfortable for a tall rider than any of the 600's. Anyone who tells you that you need a bigger engine because you're tall is either trying to sell you one or is completely misinformed. You need to go read the stickies and then come back here and post "Hey guys, I've decided to take your advice and look for a good starter bike. Is this 500 I found on Craigslist a good buy?" Don't reply back stating that you don't want to outgrow your bike. Nobody here who has been riding for more than a couple years still has the same bike he/she started on, regardless of what it was.
+1.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeeney View Post

first post

The purpose of my post was to hear your opinions on the bikes. That's all. A friend of mine had a gsx-600 and said he almost went with a cbr600 but didn't because it felt too small for him. He is also 6'3. My first bike is a long time away and I'm just trying to collect information and hear opinions.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 03:47 AM
Strength and Honor

I sat on the latest 600RR and it feels smaller than my original VF500. So if that's what he's after, well then the only option is to go sit on lots and lots of bikes and restricting the choices to those you listed is unwise.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 07:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to sisqo
Did you worry about performance with your first bicycle or did you concern yourself more with LEARNING to ride it so you could get the damn training wheels off?? No disrespect intented but this situation is relative. Slow down, take your time and worry with the essentials like staying alive long enough to LEARN how to ride. These machine's obviously arent as forgiving as a bicycle. Most of the guys giving you advice above have been riding for a very long time, including myself. Alot of us are well seasoned riders and repeat the same shit over and over again so that some day maybe you will be. I am not flaming you by any stretch, only giving advice so my conscience is clear on the matter. Good luck

You have the right to remain silent and errrm open your legs furrr me. -drunk friend and oblivious female-
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-08-2008, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwisch View Post
I sat on the latest 600RR and it feels smaller than my original VF500. So if that's what he's after, well then the only option is to go sit on lots and lots of bikes and restricting the choices to those you listed is unwise.
Thanks! I'll go by the dealership and have a seat on everything.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatedogg187 View Post
Thanks! I'll go by the dealership and have a seat on everything.
I misinterpreted your post prior to this. For whatever reason I thought you were asking for your friend. Suffice it to say, none of the supersports (ZX-6R, 600RR, GSXR, R6) are appropriate for a beginner

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

whats the big deal about buying a 600 for a starter bike anyways? I don't want to shell out the cash for a 250 and grow out of it then have to deal with selling it and possibly losing money on it. Why not just take it slow on a 600? I know plenty of people who have gone that route and are still breathing. And by no means am I a daredevil I have a good head on my shoulders I did way too much stupid shit back in highschool and learned the hard way but got it out of my system.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Maybe if you'd read the stickies as suggested by mkeeney, you wouldn't have to ask that question.

But I guess a few of your friends are a good enough reason not to listen to us. After all, what do we know.

Aside from the fact that the people who have responded thus far probably have more collective experience on bikes than you do on your own two feet.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in