Harley-Davidson developing corner-carving trike - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Harley-Davidson developing corner-carving trike

Harley-Davidson developing corner-carving trike

Harley-Davidson introduced its first official trike in years earlier in 2008 and now looks to flip things around a bit with a new reverse-trike that leans into corners. Rumors indicate that the huge American Motor Company will bring the corner carving trike in concept form to a motorcycle show set to take place next month in Cologne, Germany. If that debut indeed takes place, the machine is likely to be powered by the liquid-cooled Revolution V-Twin engine from the Rod series as opposed to the 45-degree air-cooled mill powering most of its bikes. We've known that the company has been working on this design for the past few years, filing patent drawings way back in 2006. The market is definitely ready for it now that Piaggio and Can Am have toed the waters. We look forward to seeing just how accurate these rumors prove to be next month.
Source: Auto Blog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 05:40 PM

I said from the outset that this is what Can-Am should have done; a leaning trike. Piaggio got the idea right, but then built something only poofters and girlie-chicks would be seen dead on.

Even though it's a HD, I'm looking forward to seeing it.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 05:50 PM

is the trike as wide as a car? I ask this because when you are leaned over you have to take up more room than when you are straight up, meaning will you be in the other lane when leaning over, by either your body or front tires.... a scarry thought

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 06:12 PM

Nah, I can't imagine it would be any wider than a very small car at the most.

Don't forget, roads are wide enough for trucks. No chance of a leaning trike being wider than that.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 06:38 PM

yea, but im worried about driver error too
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 03:26 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
It looks like it will be difficult for a rider to judge where the outside tire is when leaning. But it's probably one of those things you'd just have to get a feel for.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 09:03 AM

do you think the thing can stoppie or wheelie, that would be cool
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 01:04 PM

does anyone remember that really cool looking protype trike thingy, i've been looking for it through my previous posts but cannot find it.

It has radial front brakes like the buell, you can see right through the front wheels (cool hollow look), and it has magnetic hub wheels, and a small motor to power it as well as a drive system to the rear wheel (also hollow wheel look), and you sit in the vehicle rather than on it...... and in my posts i said it reminded me of the nike one car in grand turismo......
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 01:57 PM

I remember seeing that. It was just a concept tho, nothing more than a cad rendering.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2008, 07:08 AM

Not a lot of fun in a bike like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode