track day, where do I hide my keys??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

track day, where do I hide my keys???

I will be going to my first trackday in two days, its the buell inside pass trackday @ eagles canyon raceway... there will be all the 09 buell bikes to test ride, as well i am also bringing my bike along for the ride... im renting a uhaul trailer and hauling my bike with the minivan, so I can have a nice air conditioned ride home

My race suit that I am borrowing from a friend doesnt have any pockets, so where do I put all my stuff??? like wallet, car keys, bike keys, disk brake lock key, cable snake key... I surely cannot throw them all in the van and lock myself out, and I sure dont want to have them hanging there for the taking... kuz i will be riding my bike as well as their bikes, so when as Im riding theirs, im not riding mine, so where do I put the keys???

"Where are the 'keys'? I'm asking myself... Where else? UP HIS NOSE!!"

Last edited by ochoa0042; 09-20-2008 at 01:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 09:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
keep the car locked up and put the key on top of a tire. ive been to about 15-20 trackdays and have never worried about anything. wallet in car, all doors locked but 1. keys tossed in the center console. but i usually pit with my track buddies so i have no fear. but becarefull, theres always ass-hats everywhere.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 04:37 AM

Hidakey

Put a key in one of those hidakey things, or I have even seen people put a key to their car in the exhaust pipe (once it cools), I have seen people tape one to the inside of their boot.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 02:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to bittersweetryan Send a message via Yahoo to bittersweetryan
I've done a few track days by myself. I never lock anything when I'm out for a session, and I've never had anything taken from me. Everybody there is pretty much looking out for everybody else. You'll have nothing to worry about.

"Let us celebrate our arrangement with the adding of chocolate to milk."
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

really??? no lockers, I was looking for that atleast... and now I have become well prepared: im bringing a canopy for the shade, a table, rear bike stand, foldable chairs, garage tools, and saftey locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittersweetryan View Post
Everybody there is pretty much looking out for everybody else. You'll have nothing to worry about.
well you're right there, but you can never be to careful...

Last edited by ochoa0042; 09-21-2008 at 06:09 PM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 06:48 PM

You guys are more trusting than I, I always keep my wallet and keys on me and couldn't see myself without em. No pockets eh, when there's a will there's a way--a simple thought: fanny pack
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Haha picture this, yea... there I am in my full on leathers with a bright pink fanny pack, labeled on it, "I put it in my fanny" sometimes I just crack myself up
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

oh quick question here, what do-you/should-I wear underneath the racing leathers?
im planning on wearing some gym shorts and a muscle shirt....
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 04:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to bittersweetryan Send a message via Yahoo to bittersweetryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ochoa0042 View Post
oh quick question here, what do-you/should-I wear underneath the racing leathers?
im planning on wearing some gym shorts and a muscle shirt....
I wear under armor, it makes taking the leathers on and off much, much easier. But for your first day you'll be OK with gym short and a muscle shirt. Just make sure they aren't super baggy basketball shorts, that'll be pretty uncomfortable since leathers are pretty tight in the crotchal region.

"Let us celebrate our arrangement with the adding of chocolate to milk."
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 04:54 AM
Strength and Honor

I'm on board with ryan in both his responses. I've been to three events and didn't lock anything up. Heck, even my radar decector was out in the open. No issues. But two events required memberships so its kinda a club mentality, I think, and the third was a really pricey event not likely to draw thieves

I wear UnderArmor for heat reasons though if I were going out next month, for warmth reasons. I use "bicycle shorts" which are basically spandex shorts, but again in October I'd go with running tights (full length spandex pants). I also bring extra socks to change them out after my feet have sweat a while.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

Last edited by kanwisch; 09-22-2008 at 05:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode