Motorcycle Road Rage incident - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Motorcycle Road Rage incident

"Police are investigating a suspected road rage crash between a car and a motorcycle in Centerville.

A Mazda -driven by 32-year-old Kris Prinster of Centerville - was traveling north on 400 East followed by a Harley Davidson motorcycle driven by Michael Rakes- also of Centerville - just before 9 p.m. Thursday night.

Centerville police said the driver of the car threw a cigarette out the driverís window making the 50-year-old motorcycle rider angry.

The rider pulled up along side the car and started yelling at the driver. Police said the driver tried to pull ahead of the motorcycle, but the rider sped up and continued to yell through the open window.

The motorcycle rider then lost control of the bike. The motorcycle went down throwing Rakes and his 10-year-old son on the pavement.

The initial investigation shows that the car and the motorcycle made contact. Police said it was unclear if the contact caused the man to lose control of the Harley.

Rikes was flown to the hospital in critical condition with severe head injuries. The boy was driven to the hospital and later released.

Rikes was not wearing a helmet but his son had one on when the crash occurred.

Prinster was not injured in the crash.

Charges are being screened pending the completion of the investigation. Police said throwing a cigarette out the window is illegal, but is not considered an unsafe vehicle operation violation."

Wow, lots of points to discuss on this one. My observation:

While it's true that the car driver shouldn't have thrown a cigarette out the window, what kind of a jacka$$ takes the risk of confronting a car driver with a motorcycle WITH HIS 10-year OLD SON ON BACK?! Idiot.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:21 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
It pisses me off when people flick cigarettes out the window when I'm riding behind them, though I've yet to actually have one hit me. Still, I'm not going to flip out on someone unless they do something a lot worse than that. (of course, if I were to catch a burning cig through an open visor, i might sing a different tune).

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:31 AM

I did catch a burning cig through an open visor, and while it did piss me off (really, scared me more than pissed me off. I didnt know what it was at first), I didnt pick a fight with a car. That's just retarded.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxrider View Post
While it's true that the car driver shouldn't have thrown a cigarette out the window, what kind of a jacka$$ takes the risk of confronting a car driver with a motorcycle WITH HIS 10-year OLD SON ON BACK?! Idiot.
Yeah, that's my take too. And that's lacking my gear nazi view. No note the kid had any road rash, which I think interesting.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 10:47 AM

Wow, I was just talking about this with some people this morning... I think cookee said it best when he told me "When dealing with wankers in traffic, it's best just to pull off and let them go on by.." or something kinda close anyway...

I have people throw stuff at/near me all the time.. I use to get all mad about it and have thoughts of messing with them in some way.. Until some guy brought his car across three lanes just to try and hit me 'cause I had made him mad. Now I realize that people are stupid and provoking them only makes them even more angry and stupid, while they're still near you and your bike. Not a good scene.

This guy was a moron and totally irresponsible for having a child with him and provoking a fight (of any kind). People like him are the reason we get stuff thrown at us anyway.

Edit: Well, to be fair.. Living outside of DC is another reason people freak out in traffic and throw things... Still, I lay low when people act up around my bike.

Last edited by RydeAddict; 09-05-2008 at 10:57 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RydeAddict View Post
...I think cookee said it best when he told me "When dealing with wankers in traffic, it's best just to pull off and let them go on by.." or something kinda close anyway...
Close enough.

I can't believe this guy did this with his kid on the back. Great farkin' role model there. "Don't turn the other cheek, son, get in their face and let them smack sh*t out of you with their car."

It sh*ts me to tears when cagers throw any kind of rubbish from their cars. Anyone remember the incident where I made a cager go back and pick up his coffee cup? In hindsight, I was pretty lucky I got a decent citizen who accepted he was wrong and didn't try to run me down.

Cigarettes p*ss me off the most. They're responsible for starting soooo many bushfires down here every year.

Littering cagers, we salute you.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 09:24 AM

just the other day, i was entering onto one of my regular routes and there is this steep hill you have to climb... well i was haulin it and then there was this busa guy leaving the route going down the hill (its like a 1/4 mile 30degree grade just to picture it)... well the person behind him wasnt too happy probably because the busa dude cut that person off sometime somewhere... well this road rage car flows down the hill about to attack the busa guy with her car, hauling ass fast then slamming the brakes locking them up and tire smokin, this car was literally no exageration within inches of hitting this guy and doing some damage... well i passed right by when it happened prolly going about 70 so i didnt see if he was hit or not... so i u-turn and investagate... at the traffic light, he was ok and was in the progress of b**ching out this stupid girl on her cell phone... he was like "do you know how close you were to hitting me", and the stupid girl didnt care and continued on with the phone call, what a b*tch... well i start to get angry with her actions and start punching the windows pretty hard, nothing not a flinch from her after the third punch... so then i start ramming the car with my bike she didnt know but she got one sweet dent on her passenger right door... :

the end

Last edited by ochoa0042; 09-20-2008 at 09:26 AM.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 05:32 PM

You started punching her windows and ramming her car when you had absolutely nothing to do with it?! I'm not saying this girl was in the right one bit but how do you know what happened before you seen her do what she did? And people wonder why motorcyclists have a bad rep. Imagine the people driving by seeing 2 guys on bikes harassing this girl.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 05:48 PM

im sorry my wording is off and i was too lazy to redo it,

she didnt even try to roll down her window to the guy trying to talk to her, so I was knocking at her wondow, and she gave this f**k-off shrug with her hair and body language, she didnt care and i could tell that she meant to do the thing on purpose (its a sixth sense, I can sense this) so after the thrid knock I gave the window a love tap with my fist and then I gave a love tap to her car door with my bike and rode off to the sunset

the end :

Last edited by ochoa0042; 09-21-2008 at 05:53 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochoa0042 View Post
im sorry my wording is off and i was too lazy to redo it,

she didnt even try to roll down her window to the guy trying to talk to her, so I was knocking at her wondow, and she gave this f**k-off shrug with her hair and body language, she didnt care and i could tell that she meant to do the thing on purpose (its a sixth sense, I can sense this) so after the thrid knock I gave the window a love tap with my fist and then I gave a love tap to her car door with my bike and rode off to the sunset

the end :
It was a close call, but nothing got damaged, nobody got injured. If there had been contact, the police and insurance would have gotten involved to take care of things. Mistakes by drivers are part of the risk we take as riders and it's why we constantly have to look out for cage drivers. There was no reason for the girl to roll down her window. All that was going to happen was someone intimidating was going to bitch at her. Now, next time she needs to decide whether to give a bike room or cut him off, which will she do? Fine lesson you taught her there. She did the right thing by not rolling down her window; you should have been arrested.

Guys, don't come on here bragging that you've damaged someone's car because of an incident in which nobody got hurt and there was no contact - at least, not until Ochoa got involved. If you can't ride without getting pissed off and attacking people over the mistakes they make, you need to park your bike.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode