Group Riding Warning - Page 3 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Wow, thanks for posting the link. I'm glad you got so lucky, that could have been seriously bad. Let me ask you this though.. Were you able to mentally process what was happening while it was going on or did it not 'hit' you until after you were down? I just can't believe you were still on the bike and upright going thru that drop off on the side of the road. I was wondering if you were able to process any thoughts of bailing off the bike or if it just happens too fast for that sort of thinking..

And that's good logic Catback, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RydeAddict View Post
Were you able to mentally process what was happening while it was going on or did it not 'hit' you until after you were down? I just can't believe you were still on the bike and upright going thru that drop off on the side of the road. I was wondering if you were able to process any thoughts of bailing off the bike or if it just happens too fast for that sort of thinking..
This is where experience and having "rules" drilled into your head help. I would've fared much better if I had already had some track schools under my belt, I am absolutely certain.

I had the presence of mind to stand the bike up to slow it as the wheels slid but that means you go off the curve (I was on the outside of the turn). So I did have that presence of mind. However, lots of analysis has happened since then during my sleep and when I've consciously reconsidered it, and I made more than my share of mistakes on the whole episode. I have no memory at all after going about 1' off the road so I have no idea if I subconsciously ditched or was thrown off.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode