08 vs 04 Gsxr 1k Prices - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Question 08 vs 04 Gsxr 1k Prices

I have a 08 and a 04 Gsxr 1000. I am debating what to get rid of.

The 08 1k a buddy of mine wrecked and i got it off the insurance company. it has a salvage title now with 372 miles. White and silver. I put it back together all it needed was front end and left side plastics. The forks, rims and frame are all straight. There are not any scratches or nicks on the frame. I rode this bike after it was wrecked and nothing is wrong. How much do you think it would be worth since it is put back together will all oem parts?

Or I was thinking about selling my 04 1k with 7500 miles braided lines, stompgrip, fender eliminator, termongai slip on, double bubble windscreen, frame and swingarm sliders. How much do you think it is worth?

Trying to figure out which one to sell and how much I could get out of each. Is 6 grand for the 04 too much? The 08 I have no idea.

Which one should I sell?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 06:19 AM
Strength and Honor

If I were you, I'd hold onto the '08 simply because selling a salvage'd bike can be a pain. The '04 will have more obvious value, I think. If you have the stock parts, you could sell the aftermarket stuff and sell the bike close to stock and do better, I bet.

Unfortunately I don't track liter bike prices so I can't offer any suggestions on reasonable starting prices. Does gixxer.com have a few of each listed? Might be a good starting point and you could even PM folks who listed theirs as sold to see how much they went for.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 07:43 AM

$6,000 for a 2004 G1k in good condition is about right.

An 08 would normally sell for $9,000-$9500, WITHOUT a salvage title. But, an S title really pulls the value down. Maybe $7K.

Jeez, your buddy didn't even get 400 miles on the bike before throwing it down the road?! What's up with that?

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxrider View Post
Jeez, your buddy didn't even get 400 miles on the bike before throwing it down the road?! What's up with that?
Decided a reflector post was a good place for the headlight to hit on the clovers.. He was impatient and didnt get adjusted to new bike from his honda 1000rr.. Not properly checked tire pressure, had not set up the suspension yet and rider pushing too hard on the street are all reasons. I was suprised they totalled it but being so new i guess parts cost a ton.

I was thinking about puttin the 04 back to stock and gettin rid of it.. Still wondering what the salvage title would bring on the 08.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 03:41 AM
Strength and Honor

You could always run a feeler thread at gixxer.com or another 'zuk site that's got high traffic. Or maybe the WERA forums?

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docta_freeze View Post
Decided a reflector post was a good place for the headlight to hit on the clovers.. He was impatient and didnt get adjusted to new bike from his honda 1000rr.. Not properly checked tire pressure, had not set up the suspension yet and rider pushing too hard on the street are all reasons. I was suprised they totalled it but being so new i guess parts cost a ton.

Well, I hope he is ok and only his pride was injured.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 PM

I like the 04 since I have one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode