cash for new bike - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

cash for new bike

In about 3 weeks I plan to purchase a new Honda 1000RR . I'll be paying cash-will that help me with the price? Can I go to a dealership in the country and get a better price than the city? This is my first time buying a new bike, and I don't want to get screwed. Any tips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 02:23 AM

I would say you should get better prices with a city dealership and get quotes from the sales people. Make sure you say you are shopping around to see what your options are, let the seeds of doubt brew over 4 days and you should see some nice offers or counter offers. Paying in cash does help a bit, but the price margins on motorbikes are so thin, don't expect thousands and thousands off the sticker price.

Even if you had a perfect credit score, low liability, 35+ years of age and paid in green backs, you still are only looking at maybe 1000 off the MSRP on a new new model 1000RR, specially a flagship model like the RR's. 1500 max. You can wait for the 2009 models and get a clearance price for the 08's, but again, don't expect too much off maybe another 500 off. They would most likely add other things in the deal like helmets, jackets, and tires.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 10:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
find a dealer that moves inventory. Those are the ones that need to make less on your purchase. Shop around and know what is and isn't a good offer from them. The new 1000rr is going to be a big bike this year from what I am reading about it. Being picked for bike of the year from lots of magazines. They may not move very much on the price because the next person that walks in may pay what they want. Watch for hidden fees. Alot of new bike purchases come with a crate fee or assembly fee. That shit is hundreds of dollars and all the dealership has to do is assemble a few parts like wheels and shit like that. It's a bogus charge.

Cash always talks with any sale. That will defintely help.

Be careful not to hurt the future relationships with a certain dealer near you. If you tell the dealer near you to screw themselves for not giving you the right price and you buy from a dealership 20 miles away, I can guarantee that dealership will remember that when you need a tire change or service done on that bike. There will be no hook ups.

If you really want to save cash on a bike, go for a leftover from a previous year. You can get those for a few thousand less than MSRP. All depends on what you want though.

http://www.bikerplanet.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode