Is your bike safe? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Is your bike safe?

I know mine isn't, but it's held together by safety wire. lol

The 600RR that never dies. Just finished up some of the repair work for the plastic pieces after getting some time this weekend to work on the bike. It's practically sat in my garage for months.

Pretty much the only thing that's original on this bike is the frame, swing arm and forks. This is the third rebuild of this bike and probably has transplants from 6 different bikes. Heh. Notice the glued up front fairing master piece.

Went out riding yesterday on the back roads and I forgot what a windshield felt like. Btw, safety wire is awesome. Better than zip ties! I'm going to just keep the bike as is because it's actually pretty cool looking and I really don't feel like spending more time on making it "pretty". If scratches defines character, then my bike should get a personality award.

Last edited by JBaz; 05-04-2008 at 07:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Hey JBaz, glad to see you're back in the saddle again. Your bike definitely has some character.

When I wrecked my Gixxer I tried my best to get it all put back together as it was, but as long as you're happy with the bike and it's serving its purpose, screw the scratches.

Just try not to make it to rebuild #4.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 05:03 PM

Now thats a bike with battle scars, nice super glue customization...

Is MY bike safe? Oh hell yes, there's already enough things out there to kill me, my bike doesn't need to be one.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 08:24 PM

dang it baz....you were my piece of shit bike buddy (now dont put this response in the gutter!) now im the guy with all the cable ties and shit hanging out....I guess i gotta keep up with the baz next door and get me some plastics...

lol looks great dude...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 03:35 AM Thread Starter

Hehe, got it make it look semi good. Add some passenger pegs and I can finally give some bitches a ride again. lol

If they ask if it's safe, I'll just point to the safety wire and say yes.

Oh, btw, I'm covering US DESMO (Ducati Club) and Ferrari Club (South Eastern Chapter) track days this season. Pictures posted on my website. www.jbaz.net.

Last edited by JBaz; 05-05-2008 at 04:14 AM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-11-2008, 08:31 PM

I like it; it looks like a monster made out of spare Honda parts from eBay. Funny you should mention having a safe bike... I've done a ton of projects on my F4i and sometimes I would go out riding without finishing them. Typically If it works within 200ft from my garage it'll work on the road fairly well. Since I'm eternally working on that I just bought a slightly rashed '07 600RR so I can have a bike that works all the time. Its a phenomenal bike,, much more refined and aggressive than the F4i and there are a ton of mods I can do over the winter. Can't wait to take it to the track next month.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

damn, when did you get an 07 600rr?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Strength and Honor

JB, I love it

Glad you're out riding again too.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 09:21 PM

I got my RR a couple weeks ago, I don't have any pics yet but its stealth black and absolutely dripping with menace. Its such a blast I can't resist hauling ass on it 100% of the time. I haven't even touched the F4i recently; it seems so fat and slow comparatively even though the two aren't radically different.

The only thing I don't like about it is the Dunlop Qualifiers mine came fitted with. They seem to have a fairly round profile either by design or from the previous owner not leaning the bike over more than 3 degrees. At any rate it takes some muscle to dive deep into the twisties which isn't ultra fun but regardless the bike is more than happy to play rough.. and that's the way I like it. Arrrrrg
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Heh, I rode my friends Speed Triple all of today. Wow. My friend actually bought two speed triple's and is allowing me to ride one of them for a while. ...till he sells it. Wish I could afford it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode