New Kawasaki 250. Anyone Own One? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

New Kawasaki 250. Anyone Own One?

Well I just wanted to get some more info about this bike from the guys who actually own one. I know that it looks great and it sold a lot since its release so I was hoping there would be one or two of your that could tell me a little bit about the bike and im sure that i'm not the only one interested.

Basically what I wanted to ask is hjave you ever rode it for long distances on an empty highway? Was it comfortable for more than an hour and what speed were your cruising at? How much power did it felt that it had? If you have been going 85, could you get to 95 and pass someone? Have you ever rode in a crowded city? Was it good for city riding?

Thats it for now im sure more will pop up in the near future. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 05:18 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
my co-worker just bought one. he rode it into work today. im not sure what to say about it. he ONLY bought it for the gas mileage.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 08:54 PM

I would wait till the 500r get a face lift . . . its gotta be soon . . .

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 11:54 AM

It'd be nice to see the 500R get a facelift like the 250 did. Speculation is that the 500 is gonna get canned soon. Now with the Ninja 650R around, the 500 isn't as necessary. I think 2008 will be the last year for the venerable Ninja 500R.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2008, 06:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to jeffsback
Bite your tongue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxrider View Post
I think 2008 will be the last year for the venerable Ninja 500R.
I love my EX500! Not as much as my GSXR750, but way more than my EX250 or my GS500 and my ST1300 is in a different class altogether.

I would love to get up on a Ninja 650R, and probably will soon; but the EX500 is one of the best all around bikes (of the more than 80+ bikes) Iíve ever owned.

I'm a bit to heavy (200+lbs) for the 250s, though I may get one of the new ones for my wife eventually. I would love to see the 500 get a similar and much needed upgrade and I would truly hope it's not dropped from the line-up, I do plan to keep one in my stable always!

All Hail Great Surgeons and Gear Manufactures!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode