600cc Comparison - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

600cc Comparison

Trying to make a decision, money not an issue

GSX-R, R6, CBR600

I want to hear your opinions on all three. What riders of each think, and especially if anyone who has ridden more than one of these how they compare.
Pls Help me out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 12:34 PM

CBR's seem to be the easiest to go fast on, feel the most stable. R6 feel the nimblest, but have the weakest feeling engines. Gixxers have strong engines, but the ergonomics feel odd at high speed.

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 12:36 PM

It all comes down to personal preference. Sit on them and see how they feel. It's likely that there is as much variation performance-wise between two bikes from the same manufacturer as there is among all three manufacturers. It's all in the rider at this point.

However, noting that you just got a 250 for your first bike a month ago, I recommend that you stick with it until you have more experience. Any chance you could take it with you instead of storing it? Indy would be a nice place to ride in the summer.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies!
Oh how I wish that I could take my bike to Indy with me but currently I am going to school in Florida, my permanent residence is in Georgia where I will be staying for a week or two before I move and Indiana is even farther away. So taking a 2000 250 on a trip for longer than maybe 2hrs is stretching it I think. So I would have to ship it which is gonna run me about $550 one way from the quotes I have seen. It really bugs me because I wont be able to ride for almost 3 months which sux. So im gonna just leave it where it is.
Keeping what vash said in mind I'm really kinda at an impasse. I am only a month in but I push this little 250 so hard and had an embarrassing track day. Well it wasn't too bad lol. So I'm just interested in looking right now. I think a 600 is right for me b/c I already forgot what a speedlimit was and stay 10-20 over but I can't go too fast around where I stay b/c well there is no room and you will probably hear about me in the newspaper obituaries. I have a long time to make my decision but I'm looking at maybe the end of this year for something new.
On the bike though, I fell in love w/ the gixxer. There is a white one around where I stay with green flare and is lowered. Its gotta b 06-08 cuz of the new shaped fairings but I have a passenger and it doesn't look like thats a possibility w/ the gixxer. The honda would b my next choice but b/w that and the R6 there is little separation other than the clout each one holds
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Also I guess i left out the ninja zx-64 and the triumph 675
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenn26 View Post
Also I guess i left out the ninja zx-64 and the triumph 675
Ooh, ZX-64. That sounds fast.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

lol that shit flies. I was thinking of buying one of those strait from boeing. But as far as motorcycles go i def meant ZX-6R.

*Edit* Also I read the MO Midrange shootout they did in 2006 and that answered up a lot of my questions.
-That was done in 2006 though and I wonder how the new 08 GSXR would fare this time around.

Last edited by abenn26; 04-29-2008 at 05:31 PM.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 06:07 AM

Honestly, the 600 class bikes are all within 1% of each other in terms of any measure of performance, so it really doesn't matter which one you get. Get the one you like the look of and/or fits you the best. If you like the GSXR, get the GSXR.

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 06:41 AM

Well, I dont see why a 3hr trip on a 250 would be much of a problem, also going 20 over the speedlimit is no measure of skill. Try having a trackday that isnt an embrerrasment.

Having said that, the difference between 600's is more of flavor than performance. Kawasakis tend to emphesize their engine and agressive position, suzukis emphesize engine comfort around town, honda's emphesize how easy they are to go fast on, while yamahas tend to put the emphasis on razor sharp handling. In terms of lap times, all of them are capable of getting very, very close with each other. They just "feel" different.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

What yall said pretty much sums up what I was thinking anyways. I just want to see what yall thought about it. I can read up anywhere but I kinda wanted to see what real riders thought about it firsthand and thought about my situation. Which I appreciate the input.

I still think im a beginner but I feel very at home on a bike and I felt like i could push harder than the 250 can go. Not that the 250 is too uncomfortable or anything like that. The condition of the bike is what worries me about long rides. Idk I learn new things about the bike everyday so who knows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode