On going issue & lack of support with Yamaha-Canada - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

On going issue & lack of support with Yamaha-Canada

As the title says, I have had a rather hard time dealing with Yamaha-Canada support concerning an issue with my 2005 Yamaha R1 that has been on going for close to three years. I have been patient with Yamaha-Canada too long and have done everything I can to solve this issue without going completely public.

If any comments or questions, please feel free to post on the site or here in the forum.

Thank you everyone !!

Please visit my website for more info:

www.YamahaR1.ca

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 03:31 AM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Just as a casual observer, I think you should be a little more tactful in your approach to this. Right now it looks like you're trying to call attention to the problem in an effort to "bully" Yamaha into giving in. Probably not the best approach. Also, calling out the CSR by name doesn't seem necessary. He may (or may not) have his hands tied more than you think.

Have you written a formal letter to Yamaha-Canada requesting that they fix the problem, or at least give you some indication that they are looking into it? Sometimes messages do not get relayed and voice mails get erased. Send a certified letter directly to whoever you're trying to get in touch with. Hell, throw in a stamped self-addressed envelope so they don't have any reason not to respond. Be courteous but firm in your request.

It definitely sucks that you've had this problem, and I agree that Yamaha should be doing something about this for you. I'm guessing Canada doesn't have a "lemon law?"

Anyways, that's just my

Good luck.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 04:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesht View Post
Just as a casual observer, I think you should be a little more tactful in your approach to this. Right now it looks like you're trying to call attention to the problem in an effort to "bully" Yamaha into giving in. Probably not the best approach. Also, calling out the CSR by name doesn't seem necessary. He may (or may not) have his hands tied more than you think.

Have you written a formal letter to Yamaha-Canada requesting that they fix the problem, or at least give you some indication that they are looking into it? Sometimes messages do not get relayed and voice mails get erased. Send a certified letter directly to whoever you're trying to get in touch with. Hell, throw in a stamped self-addressed envelope so they don't have any reason not to respond. Be courteous but firm in your request.

It definitely sucks that you've had this problem, and I agree that Yamaha should be doing something about this for you. I'm guessing Canada doesn't have a "lemon law?"

Anyways, that's just my

Good luck.
Well.... this is why it has gone on as long as it has. I have tried to talk to them so many times to have this resolved. I have been very patient with this issue and has gotten me know-where. It this site is not what I should be doing as well as posting to the BBB etc. ..... what would be the best course of action.

As for the Rep's name.... I have since removed it from the site as I missed it. I had his name throughout the site.... as from the Yamaha-Canada rep himself in an email, he said that I was allowed to hand out his name and info , but I have chosen to not post his name as like you said, does not look good. If asked for it, I will gladly give them his contact info.

I have written a formal letter to Yamaha-Canada, and it was passed off to the same person. As for the lemon law, ya, none here in Canada.... sucks that we don't.

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 05:55 AM
Lifetime Premium

Trust me, I don't blame you at all for being frustrated. I know I would be if I was in your shoes. You paid a lot of money for something and that something should work properly. I wish I had a solution for you. I seem to remember not too long ago someone who was on a cross-country trip and was keeping a blog on it. I'm thinking it was a Yamaha as well, but I might be wrong. Anyways, he encountered problems and he got a hold of someone in the upper levels and they took care of it. I'll look for that thread when I get a chance. Might have something useful for you.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Trust me, I don't blame you at all for being frustrated. I know I would be if I was in your shoes. You paid a lot of money for something and that something should work properly. I wish I had a solution for you. I seem to remember not too long ago someone who was on a cross-country trip and was keeping a blog on it. I'm thinking it was a Yamaha as well, but I might be wrong. Anyways, he encountered problems and he got a hold of someone in the upper levels and they took care of it. I'll look for that thread when I get a chance. Might have something useful for you.
THANKS "snakesht", appreciate it
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 06:40 AM
Lifetime Premium

Found it. here is a link to the thread, and from there is a link to his blog. It was a 2005 R1. I don't recall exactly what the issue was, but IIRC, they took care of it for him. Check it out and let me know if it gets you anywhere.

-Will Rogers
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 06:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
That sucks. I hope you find the issue. Definitely electrical. 3 years is too long to wait. They should have traded you for a new one the first few days you had the bike.

http://www.bikerplanet.net
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Found it. here is a link to the thread, and from there is a link to his blog. It was a 2005 R1. I don't recall exactly what the issue was, but IIRC, they took care of it for him. Check it out and let me know if it gets you anywhere.
Thanks, checking it out now.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to duessel
Talking

maybe you should bring it to the states. We may have better mechanics here.

Have you thought of just selling the bike and buying another?

http://www.bikerplanet.net
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by duessel View Post
That sucks. I hope you find the issue. Definitely electrical. 3 years is too long to wait. They should have traded you for a new one the first few days you had the bike.
From a manufacturer standpoint, they would go bankrupt in a month if they traded every time there was a "seemingly" minor issue. But after the second time swapping out everything, you'd think they'd get the hint.

Quote:
Have you thought of just selling the bike and buying another?
"Hey, isn't this the bike from that website?" Awesome strategy Duess

-Will Rogers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode