I need ticket help in ca. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

I need ticket help in ca.

I got busted today for not having my lisences on my and not having insurance. Can anyone in Cali let me know what I'm in for. I figure a small fine for not carring my permit, it's the no insurance I'm worried about. So I know its happened before, what is the penalty, Am I going to loss my permit/lisence for the bike or car also?
HELP Please!

Last edited by 5dirty; 04-19-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Do you have a permit/license at all? I think if you have it, but don't have proof at the time of the infraction, you have between 24 and 72 hours (1-3 days) to produce it in most states. If you don't have it at all, that's another story. And as for not having insurance, that's a dumb move. I hope you got a good lawyer.

BTW, your sig is jacked up.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 11:31 AM

You won't have to worry about losing your license or vehicle, but plan on spending some $$. Seems I've heard $500 - $1500 for the fine, much more than the cost of liability insurance. Don't see what a lawyer could do for you in this case. Not having your papers in order is a mistake I doubt you'll make again.... Good luck with it.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Okay now I got it all takin' care of.
The no permit portion was $258.00 or $76.00 with proof I did have a permit when ticketed.
The no insurance portion was supposed to cost me $740.00 or $250.00 with current insurance dated after the ticket date.

I got a cop to sign off on both violations (waste of time) I took it back to the court and she said it could not be signed off due to the type of violations they were. She then tells me that I could only have the citing officer amend the permit portion since I was in the right.
She also says as for the no insurance portion, all I need to do is show her proof that I had insurance on my other vehicle (a car) or that I was covered on someone esles policy like my parents insurance.

So I pay the $10.00 to pospone my hearing date and contact this cop. I get ahold of him and he submits an amendment, I recieve the amendment in the mail about a week later and I take it to the court along with my automoblie insurance and my total fines paid.............
$20.00 INCLUDING the $10.00 fee to extend my hearing.

I am one lucky guy!

So Although I don't usually drive (anything) uninsured nor do I recommend anyone do this, there is a way to get out of it real cheap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode