Road rage leads to motorcyclist's death - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Road rage leads to motorcyclist's death

This past Monday a motorcyclist was killed in Athens, GA, when he followed two girls home after a confrontation with them.

link

The rider was likely mad about a close call caused by the girls. He should have let it go, but he followed them instead, and now he's dead.

The father of the girls is in jail on murder charges because he shot the rider in the back as he rode past their house. It's going to be hard to make his self-defense claim stick.

Remember that we're much more vulnerable on a bike. Even if you don't deserve it, you might wind up dead. Learn to let things go.

-
"We didn't trade shoves; I did all the shoving." -Bobby Knight, 1981
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 09:48 AM

We have to realize that the greater % of m/c riders are teeners to some up in their late 20s or early 30 still with younger outlooks on life then most others at the same age.

In this very case we are looking at is LACK OF EXPERIENCE upon the m/c rider, along with stupidity of the father of the one or two teen age girls. Unfortunately parents of teener kids & especially girls has to be on the outlook for his daughter(s) more so then a son.

An EXPERIENCED rider will know how to handle a bike better, through many yrs of riding, how to swerve or do emergencie stopping, how to take corners & just so much more for that is NOT learned in just a few months but years of riding. EXPERIENCE takes time.

An EXPERIENCED rider will know to never challenge a cage driver, to hand signals to flare up a driver, to charging into his/her property to tongue lash him/her for they cannot chance what might backfire on them such as a baseball bat more then one person on the property or a f/arm.

So many on this & other boards come out with childish like comments on how they would deal with certain situations. The experienced rider tends to say nothing due to a different outlook on said matter.

I agree that the father will spend some time in jail but unfortunately the dead m/c rider is dead because he made the wrong move.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:52 PM

i am very sure that the "distressed young girls" are not telling the truth about what happened,
just so that they dont get slapped on the wrist's

~~bitches and hoes

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
P.S. what is this-> ever used for in this forum?

i can think of,
"Im going to you motorcycle, as soom as i find out where you live . . . "

and "what is this-> ever used for in this forum?"

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~
~~bitches and hoes lol

Last edited by ochoa0042; 02-28-2008 at 01:54 PM.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 03:33 PM

Right... The rider rammed his motorcycle into a car after being cut off... WTF were those girls on? And seriously, the dad was thinking irrationally. If you know someone is following the girls, call the cops and have them waiting. I would bet the DA would follow the charges as 1st degree since it looks to be premeditated... waiting at the house with a full loaded firearm, no non-violent attempts to stop the rider... Someone isn't telling the truth.

I wonder what the investigation would dig up.

Btw, I've followed and stopped cagers before and I'm a full fledge believer that everyone is an asshole to some degree and if not told that they are acting like an asshole, they will continue to believe that it's ok to do so. Being called out is being called out. I've been called out before too, so it happens to ppl.

Two years ago, I almost got hit by some HS student running a stop sign going well over 30mph. I had to go into the on coming lane to avoid her and thank god no other vehicle was there. I followed the girl about 7 miles or so to her house, got out and talked to their parents explaining to them what their 17 yr old daughter had done. Btw, she was speeding well above 80mph almost the whole time on 45mph roads.

People who litter, I stop, pick up their trash, and return them to their rightful owner when I possibly can. And yes, I'm one of those bastards who call state troopers and snitch on your plate number.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaz View Post
Btw, I've followed and stopped cagers before and I'm a full fledge believer that everyone is an asshole to some degree and if not told that they are acting like an asshole, they will continue to believe that it's ok to do so. Being called out is being called out. I've been called out before too, so it happens to ppl.
asshole this, asshole that. . . on what grounds are you callin' them out? Im

Quote:
People who litter, I stop, pick up their trash, and return them to their rightful owner when I possibly can. And yes, I'm one of those bastards who call state troopers and snitch on your plate number.
Goddamn NARK! that's not kool deerkiller
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 04:21 PM

I'd have to agree, theres definately some truth issues there. I know im guilty of an occasional "cage stalking" incident also. A few summers ago, when i was out riding with my girlfriend at the time (who usually dont like bein on the bike as it is, because of such risks) and again, had a little teenybopper yakin on a cell phone blow a stop sign.
At that point it was hard brakes and a bit of creative manuvering (there was also a bit of chaos goin on in the oncomming lane because of this), i just remember scrapin the pegs twice on each side swerving (also adding to the oncomming chaos), hoppin the little grass boulevard between the sidewalk and the road and ending back in the road.
I immediatelt swung it around and took off after her (who didnt even seem to notice all tire squeeling around her since she didnt even stop or get off the damn phone!) I followed her to her house and proceeded to tell the mother about her daughters stellar driving skills while I was on the phone to the cops (and apparently several others had already called).
In the end she lost her liscence (repeat offender), and i knew what this was for
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochoa0042 View Post
asshole this, asshole that. . . on what grounds are you callin' them out? Im
People who run through stop signs/lights with no signs of slowing down. Being inconsiderate to other drivers/riders on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ochoa0042 View Post
Goddamn NARK! that's not kool deerkiller
Be as it may, cleaning up after people because they are inconsiderate or lazy is not kool. Littering is illegal, bad for the environment, and reduces a town's, city's, state's public image as a whole. Not only that, but I've been hit multiple times in the face when people flicked their buds out the window when I had my face shield up when riding.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 05:59 PM

Quote:

+1 dude. I HATE people who throw their trash out the window or off the bike, i dont discriminate. Their is no excuse for littering, its just an "i dont give a shit" attitude and it rubs me the wrong way.....I thought it was because i was from canada :P
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 06:46 PM

Question

I cant recall the last time i've seen someone deliberatly throw trash, maybe its the intimadting texas "dont mess with texas" policy that haunts everyone in their sleep

Your multiple cigarette clashes is a severe case of bad luck, either that or, there's a cult of open-faceshield ciggarette-aiming professionals, which the cult members gain their hierarchical status by going after you!!!! They choose you because they survive on deer, and their livestock it slowly deplenishing becuase of you, aka the deerkiller. ahhh!

uhh... yea.. that was
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 09:17 PM

^^ LOL

so leathers arent good enough? now we gotta start wearing bullet proof vests?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode