2007 Season Highlights Thread - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to bittersweetryan Send a message via Yahoo to bittersweetryan
2007 Season Highlights Thread

OK so I'm at work, its 10 degrees out here in WI. I have a ton of stuff to do but all i can think of is riding. The mid-winter itch is hitting me bad. So to keep myself from going nuts I decided to look back at my summer and come up with my highlights. What are yours.

I don't want to hear from you warm weather people that you get to ride all year either. Just tell me what your highlights of 07 were and be done with it.
  • My first trackday of the year at Autobahn Country Club. I had to wait till August (after my wedding) to get on the track this year and it felt so good to be back out there. That first turn with no worries of gravel, or traffic just felt sooo good.
  • There was this one street ride I took in spring that I remember. It was very easy paced and I remember this moment when I was on this senic wooded road and I sat up and looked around and just got this huge smile on my face. I was out there on my bike, the sun was shining through the trees onto the road, and I just couldn't have been any happer at that moment.
  • My last trackday of the year at Road America. Man is that track fun...and fast! I remember seeing 170 on my speedo on the front straight once and then realizing I just blew past my breaking marker. Good times!
  • Riding two up with my wife, its so easy to get caught up in track days that you forget how nice it is to share this sport with someone. Even if its just a trip out to dinner I had a great time riding with her.

I'm sure there are a million more things i could think of but I gotta get back to work!

"Let us celebrate our arrangement with the adding of chocolate to milk."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 04:55 PM

- My first ride on my F4i was my first time ever on the street and a streetbike after playing around in the dirt a little. I was out with a buddy and we went on the highway, through a shopping district and through city traffic. I remember it like it was yesterday.
- I dumped my bike in a cold, muddy ditch an hour from home that spring. I still have issues staying awake and being alert on the bike. I also keep finding broken plastic fairing tabs..
- Found some great routes through some fantastic rural areas after I moved to a different part of Columbus way north. I only ride there or to school now.
- AMA racing @ Mid-Ohio. I just couldn't get enough of it.. I even rode there in the monsoon that Sunday with jeans and a mesh jacket.. not exactly waterproof.
- First track day at Mid-Ohio Sept. 24. Good lord was that phenomenal! Since then I've been fervently modding my bike for my next track days; already have 4 planned this year!
- Got my first speeding ticket on one of my aforementioned rural routes. That sucked. The officer clearly hated sportbike riders, too.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 01:49 PM

Re: 2007 Season Highlights Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by bittersweetryan
I don't want to hear from you warm weather people that you get to ride all year either. Just tell me what your highlights of 07 were and be done with it.
For what it's worth, I do live in a (relatively) warm weather place where we can ride all year, and it's been too damn cold for me to ride more than maybe once a week!

2007 highlights, with respect to riding, consist of a couple nice trips to the coast if I had to make up an answer. I don't ride to "accomplish" things. I ride to get from point A to point B, while having fun doing it.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2008, 07:28 AM
Strength and Honor

Only one highlight, really. First level of CSS at Mid-Ohio and first time on a track. That's as burned into memory as my wedding day

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 12:35 PM

'07 highlights.... totaled my '97 Blackbird at Laguna Seca at a Keith Code's school in March, made it all the way to level 4 and dropped her in turn 5. Low sided into the deep gravel run off and then she tumbled breaking every piece of plastic on the bike. some highlight! She still sits, naked and broken. I'm too attached to let her go. On the bright side, took a two up ride into B.C. in the summer to Vancouver island,across and down the sunshine hwy, up through the mountains, down into Idaho and through Colorado back to Az. three great weeks on my ST1300. Still going through pictures and memories. Looking for another long ride this summer. It will get warm where you are, it's 40+ here Prescott,AZ. too cold to ride. Waiting for better days- good ridin.

Last edited by greyrider; 01-23-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode