concealed carry - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

concealed carry

does any one carry when they are riding? if you do what is the safest and most comfortable way? sorry if this is the wrong thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 02:19 PM

I have my AR-15 strapped over my back, dual beretta's Velcro taped to the side fairings and the pump shotgun on a rack mounted on over the handlebars... lol
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 03:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Xx954HxCafexX
i have 2 .30 caliber machine guns firing forward thru my SRAD intakes. i also have an aftermaket HUD aiming system in my shield.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 04:13 PM

awesome! Don't forgot to include the hidden surface to air missiles behind the headlights, the flamethrower built into the exhaust and the smoke grenade launcher in under the passenger seat cover.

All silliness aside. I would probably recommend a pistol shoulder holster as that would probably work for daily riding a lot better than a hip or back belt holster. Some do make a chest holster vest, but that looks to be a bit too much. A drop leg pistol holster may also work, but it's not very concealable.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 04:56 PM

are you talking about guns? or someting else . . . (420)
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

ya i have a shoulder holster just wondering if anyone rides with one i don't mean all the time just trips and stuff.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 09:11 PM

I try to look like a demon when I ride so that others will run off in fear as I roll up. Many people often say I look like a swat member... or power rangers. Hey, power ranges are scary! They are Japanese and they kill monsters for a living! lol
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 06:39 AM

I have a number of good holsters for my variable revolvers & semi-autos in PPC to IPSC to something I learned on like besides stong-arm side with draw out or break forward to cross draw, to under-arm holster rig with mags on the other side to SOB, being small of the back.

Unfortunately being a Cdn I can only use them AT THE GUN RANGE in competitions when allowed to also being used while practicing. The under-arm holster rig is good for all guns while the SOB is good for my Colt Det. Spl 2" snubbie six shot.

Friend of mine has several 32 cal semi-autos & he is deadly with them. Yet has a very old Browning probably built in 1903 or 1906 with just 3 diget S/N on it. Still shoots tight groups, of his loads & can be concealed on strong arm side so easily.

Last edited by Smitty; 01-14-2008 at 05:32 PM.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 11:43 AM
jab

Small of back is a good choice, as long as your jacket doesnt ride up, check that. Even if open carry is legal in your state you dont need the headache of freaked out sheeple calling the popo. Strong or weak side works, I recomend outside the wasteband for comfort, once again check for concealment with your riding jacket. Shoulder holster is in my opininon one of the best ways on a bike, only prob is when you get of the bike and take of your jacket you need a better cover garnment than small of back or strong/weak side. One note is if you decide to go small of back, get a left side in the wastband holster if you are righty, or right side if you are lefty, that will place youre piece for correct draw. Another option is to ride with a backpack, then transfer to on your person of your choice when you stop. This does leave you vunerable when riding, at lights, parking, etc, as you dont have immediate access.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

thanks jab i usually carry with the in the pants but never rode with one. plan on doing alot of trips this summer and feel like i left one of my kids home without it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode