Got Anti-Freeze? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Got Anti-Freeze?

I had to pick up some anti-freeze this morning on the way to work. Rode out in 23F weather; about halfway to work, I realized I was just running distilled water! Apparently, they only sell gallon sizes so I ended up putting in about a quart of just anti-freeze in the radiator.

I just love seeing ppl's remark on the road when I'm riding along in cold weather. Always get the "Is he serious?" look.

I'm super serious guys.

btw, I have the anti-freeze at my cubical and my boss thought it was a jug of fruit juice. I've been known to drink gallon sized drinks during marketing meetings. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 03:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
dude your a freak. riding in 23* weather. we did a 35* sunny ride a month ago. froze my hands off like no other. but was fun none the less.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 04:55 PM

Guzzing down anti-freeze in place of booze in not a smart idea. During the depression ('29 to '39) most people in the little city of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Cdn., would remove the anti-freeze come summer time & use normal water.

It seems these two lads, around 16 yrs of age had this date with two gals & had bummed the car of one parent for this dance. Both feeling they needing a bit of perk me up juice & since the father of one had a number of containers of wine. So down went the wine. Error in thinking the so called wine bottles carried wine.

Picked up the two girls only on the way to the dance one becomes very sick & the other turned around with the car only to also pass out due to sickness. Seems they were not experts in good wine for what they guzzled down & both died.

Above came from my Dad & possibly a hit to me that boozing is not ideal as I was not even a teener yet when told the tale & yes it was a true incident in '37.

Last edited by Smitty; 01-02-2008 at 10:36 PM.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 05:52 PM

I rode today too. It was windy as hell here...not bad with my under armour, turtle neck, and gator mask. And I agree with JBaz, the look on people's faces...PRICELESS. Maybe we are a little crazy...but sunshine is sunshine
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 PM

I just seen the oddest thing today. I was driving home at around 8:30pm and it was dark, about 15 degrees and snowing somewhat with some accumulation on the roads and a few icy parts. What did I see? A guy geared up riding a large scooter of sorts. He pulled into a parking lot and looked like he was checking out his bike, didn't get a good look but I wonder if he dumped it earlier. That makes riding on cold, clear winter days look normal.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:52 PM

I rode my bike earlier this morning and outdoor thermostat was at 23* but wind was blowing about 15-17 mph so it felt like it was 10*. I rode for about 20 minutes and had to turn back for my gloves was not ment for long cold rides. Felt like I had frostbite or something. I mean, my gloves do ok with 40* weather without any problem.... but today it was just too much....... And oh, I was all teary eyed too everytime i had to open the visor to ventilate the helm. That windchill was killing me.

And yeah.. everyone was looking at me like I was crazy and I just wave at them somewhat obnoxiously!

Hot girls are like turbos: a little edgy, every guy wants one, most guys cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix... THEY'LL ROCK YOUR WORLD
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 06:15 AM

The Tee did 180 miles yesterday, half of it in 33 degree weather and heavy, thick fog. That was a nasty combination.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 07:45 PM

I have this theory...if it ain't snowing, I am riding! My buddy and I have been out on the roads almost every day for the past 2 weeks. Only days we didn't ride was when it was pouring down rain, I just don't like being wet!

We were out today (about 35) and we got a number of comments from people about the temp. Whatever...just dressed for it! Heck, we were the only ones that showed up for the local bike night on wednesday...and it was only 32 when we got home! It ain't THAT cold!!!

We did come across a number of other sportbike riders today. One was wearing just a sweat suit and the other was wearing just a long sleeve t-shirt with no gloves...now THAT is hardcore!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

I rode in the snow and ice last year. That was an experience I don't think I will ever test my luck again. Specially when I was going highway speeds...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 09:55 PM

the only thing about riding in subfreezing temp that I dont like is that precipitation here in the southn is pretty high so there's a descent chance that some roads will ice up. Icy road is something I dont even wanna think about let alone ride on! And plus, cold pavement doesnt tend to stick as much too.

Hot girls are like turbos: a little edgy, every guy wants one, most guys cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix... THEY'LL ROCK YOUR WORLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode