I would like your opinions - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

I would like your opinions

I am going to check this bike out this week and wanna know what you all think. I am kinda leary about the salvaged title but this guy has answered every question I've thrown at him ( and theres been a bunch) and the thing looks beautiful. so do you think its worth 3,300 if it rides as nice as it looks?
here the link

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/503502844.html

Thanks all for helpin' out!

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

oh ya with a clear title it blue books at 4,950 with about 19,000 miles. This one has 23,000 on it.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 09:50 PM

looks alright! just make sure everythings ok when you see it... I mean inspect it... go ahead and make you a list of what to check I'm guessing this isnt gonna be your first bike so you already know what to look for!!

f4i is a good bike... i've riden one recently and theyre very comfortable... power is so and so... if youre used to liter bikes its gonna feel flat off the start, but is still pretty good. It can still make you say "Oh SHIT" once you start hittin the powerband. Low maintenance too... if i'm not mistaken. Not sure about mpg though. I've heard that some fuel inj can devour gas at certain conditions/circumstances but i'm not sure bout f4i.

you might want to go ahead and scout about the insurance. Just make sure getting the insurance is as easy as he said

Hot girls are like turbos: a little edgy, every guy wants one, most guys cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix... THEY'LL ROCK YOUR WORLD

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 09:51 PM

and oh... you might wanna ask the owner what maintenance has he done for this high mileage bike?

Hot girls are like turbos: a little edgy, every guy wants one, most guys cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix... THEY'LL ROCK YOUR WORLD
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2007, 10:22 PM

23,000 miles is NOT high mileage. I know a guy in Florida with a 2004 cbr600 f4i with well over 90,000 miles and still on trucking.

I would ask for maintenance records though to make sure proper things were replaced on a timely matter. Things such as spark plugs, chains, sprockets, timing chain (if needed adjustment), etc.

I would say that's a pretty decent price for an f4i, but expected for this time of year. The salvage title will lower the retail price of it, so I'd expect that from a bike.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

This is my first bike so a lack power compared to a litre bike will not be an issue, I'm not really conserned with MPG so thats not a problem either.
I just think this bike is beautiful and I wanna get someone elses opion. I will have a 12 yr yamaha and BMW tech with me when I look at it so I'm sure he'll know what to look for, but I still want to have a few views from others on the worth of a bike with a salvaged title. I've checked progressive and the insurance is only like 700 a year with just a bit more coverage than the law requires and I have 2 speeding tickets (in my car) in the last 3 years ( I will be alot more careful on a bike than in a car, thats for sure)
so keep the opions coming, they are valued!
Thanks
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 01:01 PM

Salvage title could mean a lot of things. You'd just have to ask more questions then a bike that has a clean title. Then again, my 600RR has a clean title and been in four wrecks so far... :P Most of the time, salvage title is usually just means cosmetic damage as that's mainly the large expense in accidents with "low" damage.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 01:13 PM

Last I heard, there's a guy who has over 107,000 miles on his F4i. Here's a video of his odometer turning over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwiOyq2Q9-I

And for the record my 11 year old car which cost $13,000 brand new has almost 190,000 miles on the clock. Who needs mileage?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JBaz
Salvage title could mean a lot of things. You'd just have to ask more questions then a bike that has a clean title. Then again, my 600RR has a clean title and been in four wrecks so far... :P Most of the time, salvage title is usually just means cosmetic damage as that's mainly the large expense in accidents with "low" damage.
agree... you'll just have too investigate about the salvage title and make sure the circumstances that he said regarding the bike can be confirmed.

now.. a 600cc bike as a first bike... I'm sure you've read other threads that is against 600 as first bike.. so I'm not even gonna mention anything about it

if you like it and after you see it and sit on it... you feel really comfy with it then go for it! It really is a good bike. Something you want now and would probbly still want for another year or 2.

good luck! hopefully you'll like it

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 09:47 PM

^^yeah, that's the guy in Florida that rides 130 miles one way to work everyday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode