How will I cope without her??? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

How will I cope without her???

I left my bike at the shop, yesterday arvo, to get the insurance repairs done. While she's in there, I'm getting some engine and brake work done and new rubber fitted. When she comes out, she'll be beautiful again, will go like stink, stop on a dime and stick like sh*t to the road. I can't wait!

But, how will I cope while she's in there? What will I do when I've got that urge to ride? Jump on Mrs Tree's 250??? That won't cut it. It's like being on a BMX compared to my big girl.

To make the wait even worse, I bought a tank bag yesterday. So, I've got this brand new tank bag, but no bike to put it on.

Oh, God, I can feel the shakes starting already...

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 05:51 PM

when its gets really bad...go to the bike shop and test ride something...remember to act interested in a purchase...then stay gone for 2 hours gettin your fix....

this only works once or twice so use sparingly...other than that, twist a top or 6 and play motogp on the computer
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 05:55 PM

To funny, buck up man and relax.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 06:10 PM

Cookee, if you find yourself running through the house wearing that tankbag on your head while carrying the missus on your back, take ARK's advice. Not a bad idea, I might do it myself if I don't have my bike back together by spring.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Rundog
Cookee, if you find yourself running through the house wearing that tankbag on your head while carrying the missus on your back, take ARK's advice...
LMFAO!!!

Thanks, guys, you've cheered me up! I might have to try the beer and MotoGP idea. Certainly can't hurt!!

Someone on the Aussie forum suggested I spend heaps of time on the 250, so that when I get the 1100 back, it'll be like starting on her again for the first time. I kinda like that logic and it means I don't have to wear a tank bag on my head.

I thought about hitting up the shop for a loaner bike, but it was a Suzuki dealer. I couldn't forgive myself if I rode a Suzy!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 10:50 PM

Whilst the rest of us are knee-deep in snow and looking at the thermometer which froze at -10... so the temperature isn't even known.

Suffer quietly.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 03:25 AM
Strength and Honor

Its even harder waiting when you're going around in the cage and see other riders. Call in sick, this is definitely not a period you should be out and about

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 04:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
well, if your really itching to ride, get all your gear on and toss the tank bag on mrs. Tree.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DemonRR
well, if your really itching to ride, get all your gear on and toss the tank bag on mrs. Tree.
LMFAO!

"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son." - Vernon Wormer.- Dean, Faber College.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 07:11 AM

I wear my helmet and jacket around the house when I get separation anxiety. It makes me feel better... but I live alone and work from home so I think 'who cares'! A pizza guy came to the door once and thought I was odd. Heheh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode