financing - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

financing

I'm gonna try to finance the kawi instead of saving everything for 3 long months

I'm 20 in a month, just got a job that pays 1200 a month after taxes, would have no other payments than the motorcycle to deal with

I have a completely blank credit history

any thoughts on if I could qualify? I dont care about the interest rates, I'm gonna pay it off way early anyway. I just wanna get on one as soon as possible

looking at the new ninja 250r, or possibly a zx-6r that I can grow into. ( thats if I can finance the 6r)

any help would be REALLY great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 04:32 AM

You'll need a cosigner, absolutely without a doubt to finance anything over about $1000.00 with no credit history. If you can get a parent/grandparent to cosign, look for a nice used Kawi 650 Ninja or a Suzuki SV650. You will outgrow a 250 ninja in a day, and if you get a ZX6R the bank/finance company will require you to get full coverage insurance, and you insurance payment will be more (probably much more) than your bike payment, for good reason. They know that within a year they will be paying for a titanium rod, plates, screws and about 3 square feet of skin grafts.
Your gonna hear this alot in the coming posts from other experienced riders, but its very, very true. Get a used, SV650, EX500, GS500e or f, 650 Ninja. These bikes are very reliable, nice, mild mannered, all are capable of speeds that will get you arrested but are much less likely to let your learning rides become deadly. The 650 ninja and the SV650 are both very, very good bikes, plenty fast, and insurance payments will be less than the bike payment. Good luck.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 05:03 AM

Used Sv 650's are so hard to find. Especially the one without the fairings. 650 ninjas actually are relatively easy to find used. Good luck with whatever you choose. I say wait around till the new ninja is in the dealerships and see how you like it.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 05:17 AM
Strength and Honor

Here's where I'd look if I wanted to get a good scoop on a used SV. Seems like plenty of activity and about the same availability as my own 636 in terms of distance to one that's up for sale.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 06:01 AM

thanks for the heads up kanswich. why did'nt I think of that
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 04:40 PM

You can finance these kinds of things on this website:

prosper.com

The nice thing about it is if you have good credit, the rates are better than commercial rates (or roughly tied) and they are unsecured loans so you basically just pay for the bike and get the title immediately.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 10:27 AM
jab

Just dont forget about insurance payments, bigger the cc, bigger the bill. I bought a 600cc when I was 21 and ended up paying way more thatn I expected, just be prepared for that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode