Insurance Cost? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Insurance Cost?

Next spring I plan on getting a 2008 Ninja 250. I'll be 16. I'll have 1 year of driving experience. I took the MSF course. The bike will be stored in the garage and I'll be the only person riding it. What coverage should I get and what should it cost me? I got a quote for 700 a year and it was adequate coverage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 04:56 PM

as long as its a new bike get full coverage. the 250's are usually good on insurance. do some quotes on progressive and any of the other big guys who do quotes online. thats the best way to see if your getting decent coverage.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 05:10 PM

just be lucky you weren't quoted 7000 a year... when I started out, I was quoted 4800 a year through my car insurance on a bike that was worth 2400... do the math...

Sometimes, insurance companies make a no sense a...

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 05:10 AM

Progressive allows you to get an online quote so you can see a rough estimate of what you would have to pay. You can change all the factors and what not too. Like payments with full coverage vs just liability.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 06:24 AM

Make sure you get uninsured motorist.

Hit and runs are common to happen to bikers. If you don't have uninsured during a hit and run you'll get stuck eating the whole bill.

Medical Payments will cover your medical when you screw up (like wipe on a curve).
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by streetbreed22
Progressive

After talking to a few mechanics I have found out that Progressive likes to cut corners and often tells body work people to do shittier work and use old parts etc...

Just what I have heard, but I decided not to go with progressive because I didn't want to deal with them.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:11 PM

wow you guys are paying an insane amount, here in colorado with minimum legal coverage I got quoted at 350 a year for a F4i and only being 16. of course I didnt get it, i was just curious what it would be
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:35 PM

Liability @ the minimum and
Bodily Injury (or whatever it's called) @ 25k,

I'm 20, clean record, '05 ninja 250, and I pay around 500 a year through Geico. I'm a bit lazy and didn't hunt around though... I hear Farmer's is the best around here, but I think it's a local.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:35 PM

thats cause your only getting liability. which means that your only covered for other people. if you wreck you get nothing! but broken bones and a fucked up bike.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 08:52 PM

farmers really is good but they dont have complete coverage... I think they dont offer death/dismemberment , and loss of use coverage. no medical either. I still got it though cause all of those are covered by my primary medical insurance. And i work in a hospital, so if it comes to the "C"word, I think i'm covered pretty good.

for you though... I would recommend full coverage... and i mean full! medical, uninsured, death/dismmbrment, bodily injury, property damage, and maybe loss of income too (if youre working)

you'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

Hot girls are like turbos: a little edgy, every guy wants one, most guys cant handle them and if you throw a little alcohol in the mix... THEY'LL ROCK YOUR WORLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode